It’s a brand new challenge at Alphabet Challenge, “M is for Masculine.” I am the host for this one so I can’t wait to visit your blogs and see your masculine card. I would love to know if you have as much difficulty in creating a non-feminine card as I do! To get my card started, I decided to look for a designer paper that would look good on “guy card” and came up with this one from the new Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP in the new Holiday Catalog. Perfect, isn’t it?! Geared Up Garage is a bundle that I hadn’t used before so it seemed the perfect time to bring it out.
My Secrets to Making This Geared Up Garage Project
- As I stated above, I first chose the DSP and everything fell into place from there. This A6 card base was cut and layers adhered together so that I could experiment a bit with the fun stuff. 🙂
- First, I inked the car with Versamark and Memento Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, it was colored with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends with the windows very lightly colored with Pool Party. When that was done, it was cropped out with the coordinating die from Garage Gears (Yay – no fussy cutting!)
- I just had to use the large gears in the die collection! Smoky Slate was the first color I tried but it just didn’t go well so I cut it again in Mossy Meadow. Much better! I just adhered both gears together (Tombow glue and a sponge) to give it some texture.
- My attention then turned to how to showcase the car. I have a few different shapes, and any could have been okay. However, I really liked how the car looked in these arch dies. Two were cut, one in Night of Navy and a smaller one in Mossy Meadow, which I dry embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.
Product Spotlight: Geared Up Garage
Non-SU: My Favorite Things: Stitched Arch STAX Die-Namics
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stamp It
- Stampotique Challenge: Use Dies or Stencils
- Ellibelle’s Wednesday Challenge: Something Beginning with “B” (Birthday card)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team