I am so excited to be the new host for the new Sisterhood of Crafters‘ challenge. I love making and sending cards to my friends, don’t you? So, this challenge is all about “Friends” – please have the word “friend” or “friendship” in your sentiment. Good Morning Magnolia is definitely one of my favorites in the new Annual Catalog! In fact, I love it so much that I made three projects with it but decided to just share one of them today. I will be posting the other two soon.
Secrets to Making This Good Morning Magnolia Project
- This card is actually the last project I made but the flower was the first one I colored. I wasn’t sure I liked it so I went on to make the other projects, then decided I would try to use it. TIP: Instead of popping it up with dimensionals, I cut two more flowers with the die from scrap Whisper White cardstock. This gave the image just a little height off of the card base. Love it!
- This A6 card started by coloring the image that had been heat embossed with Mossy Meadow ink and clear embossing powder. I mixed my colors (that’s allowed, right?) – Pineapple Punch and Calypso Coral for the flower and Old Olive and Crumb Cake for the leaves. Although I think I grabbed Pineapple Punch instead of So Saffron by mistake, I really rather like it just as it is!
- The rest of the card came together quite easily. The Whisper White Circle was from my stash of leftovers, so all I had to do was stamp the sentiment from A Big Thank You with Mossy Meadow ink.
- So Saffron cardstock was dry embossed with the new Stylish Scrolls embossing folder. Then, it was placed onto Terracotta Tile cardstock and adhered to the card base.
- The “Hello” stamp is part of Good Morning Magnolia and I love the font! Once it was stamped, I cropped it with the smallest of the Stitched Nested Labels dies. The flax ribbon and retired Mossy Meadow Satin Stitched Ribbon were cut and adhered before popping the sentiment up with dimensionals. Sometimes it pays not to get rid of your retired stuff! That Mossy Meadow ribbon was just perfect!
- The last little touch was adding the iridescent sequins.
Product Spotlight: Good Morning Magnolia
Non-SU Product: MFT Mini Scallop Circle dies (MFT 790)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Dream the Embossible Dream (I’m singing the song right now! 😉
- Papercraft Challenge: No Designer Paper
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team