Are you ready for a new challenge at Make My Monday? Well, you may be ready to make a pretty tropical card! Janeen is our host, who chose “Something Tropical.” I sure needed a play in my craft room to get away from all of the craziness happening. Stampin’ Up! has a new bundle out called Timeless Tropical, which I combined with another one from the annual catalog called Tropical Chic.
My Secrets to Making This Timeless Tropical Project
- My original idea for this all occasion card was to make a 6″ square card, however, I didn’t have Soft Sea Form 12″x12″ cardstock. (Yes, I have already added it to my order and it arrives today!) So, I had to improvise as we crafters occasionally have to do. So, this card base measures 5 1/2″ x 6″ so it will still fit in my 6″x6″ envelopes.
- My vision was to try to make this card like someone is sitting in the wonderful adirondack chair looking at the beautiful, relaxing tropical view out their window. Hopefully I achieved that!
- Soft Suede cardstock layer: 5 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Real Red DSP: 5 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
- I cut the frame out with Whisper White cardstock and cut the DSP to layer behind it.
- Stamping: I stamped and cut out the palm trees in Pear Pizzazz ink and colored the trunks with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
- The palm leaf frond was stamped in Soft Suede and VersaMark and heat embossed with clear emboss powder. Then, it was cut with the leaf outline die.
- The hibiscus flower was stamped in Real Red and cut out with the flower’s coordinating die.
- The aloha and adirondack chair was cut three times each to give both of them more dimension.
- The finishing touch was adding a Toile Tidings Enamel Dot to the flower.
Product Spotlight: Timeless Tropical Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Shopping Your Stash Challenge: Is It Summer Yet?
- Cut It Up Challenge: Green with Envy
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use Some Green
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: