Hi, Stampers! Have you found your groove yet while quarantining? I gotta admit that this isn’t much different than what I was doing before due to my illness last November! My biggest sacrifice is my husband doing all of the grocery shopping. He’s come home with some interesting stuff, I have to say. Making my challenge cards has been a good diversion and Cardz 4 Galz has a good one – “Black & Pink” and hosted by Leslie. I made my card for a friend’s mother who fell and now needs surgery (but can’t get it due hospitals prioritizing Covid 19 patients), using Painted Poppies and So Sentimental stamp sets.
My Secrets to Making This So Sentimental Project
- This A6 card started with Flirty Flamingo cardstock, cut at 6 1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- I embossed Whisper White cardstock in the brand new Ornate Floral embossing folder and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock. They were then adhered to the card base.
- Next, I die cut the Poppies in Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock. Lining them up, I colored the Whisper White with Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends. I also cut the center of the flower with Basic Black cardstock. I moved the flower outline a bit so some of the white cardstock would show through then adhered them together.
- The other poppies were stamped and colored. The small one was fussy cut and the coordinating die cut out the larger one.
- I colored the back of the pearlized doily for a pop of background color.
- Using a small strip from SAB’s Golden Honey designer paper along with the embossed paper strips from Peaceful Poppies Elements, I adhered them to the card base.
- The sentiment from So Sentimental stamp set was stamped, punched with the Label Me Lovely punch and layered the ribbon done with a loose bow (no knot!). Then, they were both layered onto the Basic Black cardstock, which was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die. This bundle is great for your stash and 10% off!
- The finishing touch was adding a few rhinestones.
- For the inside of the card, I used sentiments from Flourishing Phrases (a great double stamp set in my forever stash) and Positive Thoughts. Then, I used ready-to-go poppies from the Peaceful Poppies Elements for a quick and pretty finish.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Wednesday Challenge: Bugs, Blooms and Butterflies
- Simon Says Challenge: Flower Power
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
Select products from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog and 2019–2020 Annual Catalog are retiring, and this is the last chance for you to stock up! Check out all the details below.
Promotion Dates: April 22 –June 2, 2020
- Promotion begins April 22 at 1:00 PM (MT).
- Retiring lists will be released simultaneously across our global markets; they will be listed per local time zone.
- There is no minimum purchase required to participate in this promotion.
- Retiring items may be added to all order types: demonstrator, workshop, customer, and online.
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after June 2.
- Due to high demand, retiring stamp sets will have guaranteed availability until May 22, 2020; all other products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last.
- Retiring items are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Retiring host sets can only be purchased using Stampin’ Rewards from a qualifying party.
- Discounts may vary by market depending on inventory levels.
- If you and it is later discounted, Stampin’ Up! will not refund the difference.
- If there is a product want, we recommend buying it as soon as possible; as mentioned above, products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last.
- If you start an order before a discount is announced, the order will not include the discounted pricing. If you want to order a product that has been discounted, you will need to start the order after the discounts are announced.
- Phone: June 2 by 6:50 PM (MT)
- Online: June 2 by 11:50 PM (MT)
RETIRING IN COLORS – ORDER WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE THEY’RE GONE!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: