We have a new theme over at Alphabet Challenge, “C is for Check Pattern.” This is a fun one, don’t you think? I don’t often reach for check prints so I had to really think what my card would be. At first, I thought about a baby card but then I remembered that the In color DSP pack had one in all of the colors. I chose Terracotta Tile from the pack, then paired it with the retiring Springtime Impressions dies (still available at a huge discount!). This is a great fold to try that gives you a great panel to showcase any of your stamps or dies.
My secrets to making this project
- This 6″ square card was fun and easy to make. First, the card base was cut at 6″x12″ and scored at 6.” From the score line, I cut 1″ away from both sides. Easy!
- I cut Blushing Bride cardstock at 5 3/4″x5 3/4″ and the DSP at 5 5/8″x5 5/8″ then adhered them to the card base.
- For the front panel, which measures 4″x6,” I cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 3/4″x5 3/4″ then adhered the floral die cut. Once that was in place, the sentiment from Grace’s Garden was stamped in Terracotta Tile ink.
- I ran this panel through my die cutting machine in the Subtle embossing folder before adhering to the card base.
- Next, I ran the beautiful floral die through my die cutting machine with Blushing Bride cardstock.
- The butterflies were stamped in Terracotta Tile and Blushing Bride then cut with the Butterfly Duet Punch. Once they were adhered to the panel, the In Color Faceted Gems were placed on the butterflies and flower centers.
- I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock with a Stitched Rectangle die. Then, the sentiment was inked in Terracotta Tile. The Finishing Touch was adding another butterfly to the panel.
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SPRINGTIME IMPRESSIONS
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Little Red Wagon Challenge: Flowers
- Paperminutes Challenge: Butterfly
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Flowers and/or Butterflies
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: