We have a great challenge for you at the Cardz 4 Galz challenge – at least, it certainly challenged me! Deborah is our host and wants to see your “Steampunk” creations. Although my card is a far cry from being an authentic steampunk card, it does have some of the elements, in my humble opinion. I had to dig deep into my craft room for that clock die, but am so glad I finally got to use it!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This card started with the new In Color, Cinnamon Cider. It is definitely my favorite out of the five great colors added to the new Stampin’ Up! catalog. If you know me at all, you will know how much I love neutrals and we needed this one! Because the Kaisercraft Foliage Clock die is large (5 1/2″ tall), I went a bit bigger with the card size. The card base was cut at 7″ x 10″ and scored at 5.”
- I found basic black cardstock in my stash that had some texture on it so I cut it down to 4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ and layered it onto Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Then, I cut the clock out with copper foil paper and cut it once again with a black foam adhesive sheet. This gave it just the dimension I was looking for. I glued them together and set it aside for the time being.
- Another panel of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was dry embossed with the new embossing folder, Dainty Diamonds, and very lightly sponged across the surface to give the raised areas some highlights. All of the pieces were then adhered together.
- The sentiment (Blossoms in Bloom) was stamped with black ink and cut into a banner.
- The gears (Geared Up Garage) were cut and sponged with black ink.
- The new Antique Corners were added, as well as the retired Designer Elements. I had some Tim Holtz Keys adornments so added a couple of them as well. The more bling, the better, right?!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Happy Little Stampers with Dies Challenge
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Die Cuts & Punches
- NBUS Challenge (I have never used the clock die before)
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: