We really enjoyed all of your ocean/beach cards and projects in our last Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. Wow, you all are so creative! Now, we are ready for our next one, which is “Masculine” and hosted by Darlene. We all need to have masculine cards in our stash, right? This was the perfect time to play with the Beautiful World bundle. In addition, in my most recent craft room clean-up, I found some VERY old Hot Off the Press fun fold pre-cut cards and envelopes that I had bought when fun folds were intimidating to me. Since I hadn’t used it before, I thought I would give it a go. I don’t think this product is available anymore, but I did find it on Amazon here. Hot Off the Press also has a template and it is available.
My secrets to making this project
- The pre-cut card base measures at 11 1/2″ x 6 1/2″.
- On the 6 1/2″ side, cut at the 1 7/8″ till 9 3/8″ at the 1 1/2″ line on both sides.
- On the 11 1/2″ side, score at 3 3/4″ and 7 1/2″. For the middle panel, score it from first cut to second cut.
- Use your bone fold on each fold to make the shutter fold.
- Now, the fun part! Using the template that came with the kit, I cut out the patterned paper from the Specialty paper pack till all of the panels were covered.
- Then, using the coordinating World Map dies as well as the World of Good Memories & More Card Pack, I placed them around all of the panels.
- The focal panel was last to be done. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set with Cinnamon Cider ink, then cropped it out with the die from Hippo & Friends collection. I layered it onto Brass foil paper.
BEAUTIFUL WORLD CLING STAMP SET
A world of beautifully designed vintage images paired with nostalgic sentiments that seem to have been written with a quill awaits you.
A romantic flair of travel, exploration and seafaring accompanies this set. No matter which adventures your loved ones are about to set off on: this stamp set has it all.
*13 cling stamps
WORLD MAP DIES
The World Map Dies generate fancy three-dimensional accents to add depth and complexity to any project created with the coordinating Beautiful World stamp set.
Make stylish globes and old-style writing tools everybody will love!
*Largest die: 5-1/2″ x 5/8″
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge: Make It Masculine
- The Artsy Stamper Challenge: Sentiment – All
- Daisy Chain Challenges: For Boys/Men
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Make It Masculine
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: