Time for a new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters! We want you to create “Anything but a Card.” Boy, this was a hard one! I really don’t know why, but everything I made just didn’t seem worthy of the challenge. Then, I went out of town and didn’t get back till the day my project needed to submitted. So, I threw everything in my laundry room and ran to my craft room, rummaging through my dies that I could use. This is where I found the Sizzix Lantern die collection. I hadn’t used it before but there’s no time like the present, right?? I just used the die that created the sides, then used Snow Wonder bundle to create my first one. It was so fun to use that I decided a second one. Who knows? Maybe I will keep going and make ones for spring and summer next!
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- I will keep the steps here on the generic side, but honestly this was not a difficult project. They are just 4 1/4″ tall (not counting the height of the ribbon I added).
- First, I cut out four pieces for the lantern sides. I cut out the large piece that would be the front then cut out shapes for the two sides. The back side was left intact. If you want to add a layer of designer paper, you can adhere that to each of the sides before you do the cutting. I then used Tear ‘n’ Tape to put all of the sides together.
- Now, the fun part! Stamp and cut out the images you want in and around the lantern. After adding all of the elements, I used good ole Scotch Tape to adhere the ribbon to the top.
SNOW WONDER STAMP SET
Capture the wonder of Christmas and winter with the Snow Wonder Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Images include snowflakes, a snowman, trees, and more—such versatility! *7 cling stamps
SNOW TIME DIES
Cut out a variety of wintry images and all-purpose labels with the Snow Time Dies by Stampin’ Up! Some shapes feature embossed detail to add another level of interest. *7 dies
* Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ (8.3 x 6.7 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge: Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: All Kinds of Holiday (my favorite is Thanksgiving!)
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
September 23rd ONLY! 15% off select stamp sets!!
See them all HERE!!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE