Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I love fun folds and easel cards are absolutely one of my most favorites to make. The holidays are coming up fast so let’s get those one-of-a-kind cards made. I also made a coordinating gift bag! In order to keep this post focused on the Coming Home easel card so you can continue the hop, please come back on Friday, so you can see the instructions for the fun gift bag!
My secrets to making this project
- First, I have to apologize about my photography! We are under a very thick cloud cover here and there is no light to be had. Plus, adding a 3D project to the mix just made it that much harder. If I can get better photos, I will replace them soon.
- If you would like to make an easel card, here is a great TUTORIAL for you to follow.
- Now, to the card: My easel card started with Coastal Cabana 12″ cardstock that was cut to 6″ x 12″ and scored at 3″ and 6.” Another piece was cut to 6″ square, which is the card front.
- Snowflake Splendor is such a wonderful winter DSP! I covered the card front then cut another piece of DSP and backed it with Pacific Point.
- Using Shimmery White cardstock, I cut out the background trees twice. One is cut to fit across the square panel and cut the trees off the other one to add another layer of trees.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Stamping the two house stamps, I then colored them with Stampin’ Blends till satisfied and cut them out with their coordinating dies.
- I also stamped the tree and the wreath and cut them out
- The sentiment from Tags Tags Tags was inked up with Pacific Point ink and cut out with its die. Then, four of the small snowflake dies were cut as well. They were covered with Wink of Stella for some sparkle. Two were layered over each other. The blue gems were added and they were all adhered to the card front.
- INSIDE: The easel part is all part of the great fun in making an easel card. I stamped the sentiment from Snowflake Wishes in Coastal Cabana and cut it out with the Stitched Nested Label dies. I cut a piece of Coastal Cabana ribbon and placed the sentiment on top with dimensionals. Just a little sparkle with the adorable snowflakes was the perfect finishing touch.
Coming Home Bundle
COMING HOME STAMP SET
Capture the feel of a hometown holiday with the whimsical imagery of the Coming Home Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! You can make a difference in your community by purchasing it; we will make a donation to charities devoted to adoption, foster care, and infertility. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products. * 12 photopolymer stamps
HOME TOGETHER DIES
Create a sweet hometown scene with the Home Together Dies from Stampin’ Up! You’ll get a charming variety of homes, trees, and landscapes all waiting to see what you create with them. * 13 dies
* Largest die: 6″ x 1-1/2″ (15.2 x 3.8 cm)
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies