It’s time for a new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters and you will definitely want to play along! Our theme for the next two weeks is “Embossing.” Easy, right? Who doesn’t love texture on their projects?? I wanted to use Fireside Trimmings so it was an easy decision to use Brick & Mortar embossing folder as the background wall. Love it!! This is a great bundle and you can get it at 10% off. So, go see the beautiful designs from the design team and then play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This A6 card started with thick Whisper White cardstock, cut at 6 1/4″ x 9″ and scored in half.
- I dry embossed the Sahara Sand cardstock in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder, distressed it with a touch of ink and layered it onto In Good Taste DSP. Then, I found a thin piece of Whisper White cardstock in my stash and placed it along the bottom of the Sahara Sand cardstock to look like molding. Cute, right?
Now, the FUN Part!
- The fireplace was super easy because I left it white except for coloring the area where the logs are. Then, I cut it out with its coordinating die.
- Next, the logs and flames were stamped and colored, then cut out along with the fire grate. After that, I attached the fireplace to the card base with dimensionals.
- Do you like decorating? Well, this set has some adorable items you can put on the mantle. I chose the lantern with a candle, the clock, and the sweet little vases, cut from the velveteen paper. I felt like the mantle still needed a little sumthin-sumthin so I cut the small banner with the DSP.
- Next, I needed to decide if the Poinsettia Petals sentiment should be in the picture frame or on the rug, but ultimately decided to put in in the picture frame because there was more room. After stamping it, I cut the DSP with the scalloped stitched rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly and cut the sentiment to fit inside.
- The Finishing Touch was a simple little oval of the Cinnamon Cider velveteen paper to act as the most necessary rub in front of the fireplace.
FIRESIDE TRIMMINGS STAMP SET
Capture the cozy feeling of sitting by the fireplace with the Fireside Trimmings Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! The leaf, pine cone, and pumpkin images make it easy to customize to different occasions. * 18 photopolymer stamps
Build a fireplace scene with the images in the Fireside Dies from Stampin’ Up! Create banners, labels, and more. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products. * 25 dies
* Largest die: 3″ x 2-5/16″ (7.6 x 5.9 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge
- Sweet Stampers Challenge
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- NBUS Challenge: stamp set and dies
BEFORE YOU GO!
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle sales period runs 3 November 2020–4 January 2021. Find all details HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: