HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Goodness, are you all as happy as I am to see 2020 over?! What a challenging year! The Alphabet Challenge is starting the new year with the letter T for “Traffic.” This year, I want to inspire you to do more fun techniques and fun folds! So, I decided to use the Splitcoaststampers Mini Bendi Card tutorial for this challenge with the retiring Coming Home bundle and the Moving Along Stamp Set from the annual catalog. Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, I came up with the card dimensions for an A6 card:
- Card base: 4 1/2″ x 6″
- Center panel: 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Bottom Strip: 1 1/4″ x 7″
- Then, it was time to pick papers and stamps! Because of the pretty trees, I went with Classic Christmas to make a nice background. Also, the new Dandy Garden designer paper had a great pattern with the dandelions that almost look like fireworks!
- I had to make a very difficult decision when choosing stamps. Although Moving Along has an adorable car in it, Coming Home has a car with a coordinating die. Win-win!
- You might note that I didn’t wrap the bottom panel around the larger card base, which was done in the tutorial. I just didn’t like how it looked, so I adhered it to the front instead.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After all those decisions were made, the time came to stamp, color and cut.
- Firstly, I stamped a few cars and colored them with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Once I completed that, I cut them out with the coordinating die.
- Next, I stamped and colored the helicopter, sentiment and trees, which had to be fussy cut but it wasn’t difficult.
- Finally, I cut out the houses with the dies from Coming Home twice – once in Whisper White and then in Misty Moonlight. Then, they were paper-pieced together.
- Once everything was done, it was time to put the card together and, boy, this card turned out so cute! The back was kept simple for writing a birthday message.
Coming Home Bundle
COMING HOME STAMP SET
Capture the feel of a hometown holiday with the whimsical imagery of the Coming Home Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! You can make a difference in your community by purchasing it; we will make a donation to charities devoted to adoption, foster care, and infertility. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products. * 12 photopolymer stamps
HOME TOGETHER DIES
Create a sweet hometown scene with the Home Together Dies from Stampin’ Up! You’ll get a charming variety of homes, trees, and landscapes all waiting to see what you create with them. * 13 dies
* Largest die: 6″ x 1-1/2″ (15.2 x 3.8 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZRE7DDUM when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!