Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created “Birthday Bonanza” projects to inspire you to make for all of your family and friends. We hope you enjoy and are inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we all love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. Birthday cards are such fun to make and are my favorite! In order to create a card that the recipient will love and cherish, I really try to make one that suits their personality and interests. For my card today, I used lots of layers then added a pretty wreath from the Wreath Builder dies that coordinates with the Arrange A Wreath stamp set.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, to make this card, I had to narrow down what papers I wanted to use – what a hard decision! Once that was done, the next decision was what the dimensions of the card would be – again, such a difficult decision. In this case, I chose the Peony Garden paper and finally went with a 5 1/2″ square card.
- To begin with, Whisper White Thick cardstock was cut to 5 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2.” Then, cutting the DSP to 5″ square, I layered it onto Petal Pink, cut to 5 1/8″ square and adhered them together.
- After that, I made three panels of designer paper (1 1/8″ x 4 1/4″) and layered them onto Petal Pink cardstock to create a fun background. Then, a fourth panel was made with DSP cut at 1 3/8″ x 5″ and layered onto Petal Pink cardstock. Before I adhering the panels together, I sponged the Gray Granite pieces with Gray Granite ink.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, starting with the Wreath Builder dies that coordinate with the Arrange A Wreath stamp set, I started to cut the pieces I wanted to use. Then, I sponged the edges before adhering them together.
- For the heart, I cut it out, then colored the letters with Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends marker. To keep the letters in place, I applied a piece of Scotch tape across the back of the heart.
- After that, the sentiment from Posted For You stamp set was inked up with Gray Granite ink, stamped onto Petal Pink cardstock and cut from the die in Potted Succulents. Finally, a few of the Elegant Faceted Gems were placed on the flowers, bow and sentiment.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 10th when our theme will be “Cute Critters” where the design team will be sharing projects that will feature critters of all sorts to inspire you. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
These layers are wonderful! This is a card that would be great for a variety of occasions.
Love the layout as well as the color combination. This is such a pretty and serene card, Debbie!
Beautiful card Debbie!
Debbie, I love everything about this card, the colors, your layers, and especially the beautiful wreath and bow!
What a beautiful card! I love the way you used the wreath with a different non-traditional color!
Beautiful work here! A pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on Birthday Bonanza!
This is so different with the background and the wreath in front. I really like it.
So pretty! Perfect for a February birthday!
A beautiful mix of prints, Debbie! I love this soft, elegant paper!
Love the layout and layers! Very sweet card!
Beautiful wreath, Debbie! Love all the layering!
Love your designs! I’ll have to adjust this one for my cards in the mail this month! Thank you!
Simply Gorgeous Debbie. I love your layering and the colors, very elegant!
Oooh, those papers are just yummy with the Wreath set — love the entire layout!
Debbie, I love everything about this card. From the layout to the beautiful, soft colors. Beautiful!
I’m always in awe of your square cards Debbie and this one does not disappoint. Those layers are absolutely beautiful. I love it!!!
The panels behind the wreath are a perfect backdrop to the layered wreath. And the square card shows off the wreath beautifully. NICE!
Absolutely Gorgeous Debbie