It’s time for the next letter theme at Alphabet Challenge. Once again, I am hosting the “X” letter – so I went with “Xtra Folds.” I decided to make this Double Dutch Fold since it has been on my to-do list for quite a while and thought it would really help to step up the In Bloom bundle. For this technique, I went looking for a tutorial to use, and, guess what, I found two! Keep reading and I will share where you can find them. Also, don’t forget that Sale-A-Bration ends this Sunday!! The designer paper I used on this card is FREE when you place an order of $50 or more.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- As promised, here are the two tutorials you can use: I made my card using this one from Sam at Mix-up Craft. However, this one from Splitcoaststampers looks great as well and may be just a little bit easier for anyone who hasn’t done many fun folds. Whatever your skill level, this fun fold technique is so much fun to make!
- Once folded up for mailing, my card fits into a 5″x7″ envelope.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After scoring and cutting the Night of Navy 12×12 cardstock, I began cutting the layers of cardstock, and ran the Seaside Spray cardstock through the Ornate Floral embossing folder before adhering it to the Whisper White layer. Also, I ran the Paper Blooms DSP panel through the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Then, all panels were adhered to the card base.
- Once that was complete, I started on the focal point. Firstly, I ran the flowers and leaves through my die machine. After that, I colored a couple of the butterflies from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle (this is available next month!) with Seaside Spray Stampin’ Blends, then decided I wanted to have one of the butterfly dies cut out with Seaside Spray cardstock.
- Then, the sentiment from Tasteful Touches was inked up with Night of Navy ink and cut out with an hemstitch oval die.
- Finally, the flowers and butterflies were all glued on along the edges. Also, epoxy droplets were colored with the Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends, then placed onto the butterflies.
IN BLOOM STAMP SET
Let your heartfelt thoughts bloom on handmade cards, scrapbook pages, and other paper crafts using this stamp set. * 21 photopolymer stamps
PIERCED BLOOMS DIES
Die cut flowers in several sizes, complete with stitching details, plus the leaves and centers to go with them.
* 25 dies
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Spring
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Hearts or Flowers
- Mix It Up Challenge: Fancy Folds
- The Die Cut Divas Challenge: Fun Folds
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Don’t Forget to enter your fun fold creations to my Creative Creases Challenge! The theme is Anything Goes and you can even link your project from Pinterest or Facebook. Questions? Ask me in a comment or email.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE