Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I have such a fun card to share with you today! Firstly, I have a confession – I love large image stamps and know what to do with them. However, small stamps are much more difficult for me. Although I love the “critter” theme, it was just a wee bit challenging for me. Not backing down, I went for the Hippo Happiness bundle, gulped a time or two, and thought about how to make those small images work on a card. Moreover, I even found more stamp sets to round out this card. In my opinion, the Tri Shutter fun fold was a great – and really fun – card to make and made the most of those adorable stamped images. If you are interested to using your smaller stamps in a creative way, read on!
My secrets to making this project
- Are you interested in trying this card? If so, here is a great tutorial by Splitcoaststampers. It’s a whole lot easier than it looks!
- Place 5 ½” x 12″ piece of cardstock horizontally with your trimmer, then score at 2”, 4”, 8” and 10”.
- After that, turn cardstock a ¼ turn and cut from the 2″ score line to the 10″ score line at 1 ½” on both sides. Then, fold on the score lines.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Here are the measurements I cut for the panels:
- Cardstock: 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- 1 1/4″ x 1 3/4″ (4)
- 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ (2)
- 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ (1) (I did this panel in Whisper White for a personal message)
- 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″ (2)
- If you want to add patterned paper, here are the measurements for each cardstock panel:
- 5″ x 1 1/2″ (2),
- 1 1/2″ x 1″ (4),
- 3 1/2 x 1″ (2),
- 1 1/2″ x 2″ (2)
- After all your cutting is done, you can adhere them and place them on the card base. Now, have fun and create a great card for your loved one! All of the products I used have links at the end of my post.
- If you have any questions, please let me know in a comment.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple