Creative Creases Challenge #003
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold (minimum of 2 score lines) runs through April 1st at noon.
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The winner for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge after the list of rules to enter.
For my new project, I made such a cute card – in fact I made two! While on Pinterest I found a cute purse card, but I wanted something different so started a search and found the perfect one to share from Laura’s Craft Closet. For the first card I made, I used her dimensions but then I changed it just a little for the second. If you want to find out more to make this project, read on!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made the daisy card base, following Laura’s measurements of 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4,” 5 1/4″ and 6 1/4.”
- The purse flap is 5 1/2″ x 3″ and scored at 1/2.” Then, I glued it on the card so that it was on the inside of the card.
- After that, I chose two each of the Ornate Garden patterned papers and cut two of each at 4″ x 5 1/4.” I glued them on, placing one pattern on the inside and also two on the outside (there’s one you don’t see on the back of the purse).
- Secret: Before adhering the designer papers, you can use the corner rounder on the card base and DSP so they have matching corners. I didn’t do that with my cards but think it’s a nice touch for future cards.
Now, the FUN Part!
- I really think the patterned papers here don’t need a lot of additional details, so all I added was some ribbon for the handle and the sentiments. For the handle, I cut and tied the Bumblebee ribbon into a bow and placed it with the bow on the inside with glue dots.
- Then, I stamped the sentiments (front flap is from A Touch of Ink stamp set and inside is from Ridiculously Awesome) with Early Espresso ink and cut out with dies.
- Finally, I adhered the button from some retired embellishments I have and no longer have the name of.
- Secret: To hold the front flap closed, I used this Velcro from Amazon.
Changes Made with Peony Garden Card
- On this card, I changed the dimensions to fit the A6 size I prefer. So, I cut cardstock to 6″ x 11″. Then, I scored at 4 1/2,” 5 1/2,” and 6 1/2″ on the long side. Lastly, I cut the DSPs at 5 3/4″ x 4 1/4.”
- To make the front flap, I decided to not add DSP to the flap. So, I embossed it with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Then, I took the edgelit from Be Mine Stitched dies and cut the cardstock 1″ above the bottom corners to the middle of the bottom edge.
- Also, I used two Layering Oval dies to make the handle, cut it with the edgelit used on the front flap, then ran it through the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
I am playing the following challenges:
- Modsquad Challenge – Springtime
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- TIME OUT Challenge – Different
- Unicorn Challenge – Make It Feminine
Creative Creases Winner is…
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my cards today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.