Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge today, with the theme being “Spring Rain.” Since I only have a couple of stamp sets that really go with this theme, I got out the Under My Umbrella to see what I could create. This theme really begs for a “scenic” card, in my opinion, so I just started building from the background and really like how it turned out.
Once you are finished here, visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this 5 1/2″ square card started with 5 1/2″ x 11″ Rich Razzleberry cardstock and scored at 5 1/2.”
- Once the card base was ready, I cut the Oh So Ombre DSP to 5″ square and stamped the sweet flowers from Painted Poppies stamp set. After that, I colored the flowers with the Light Blackberry Stampin’ Blends marker, then adhered it to Whisper White cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After the card base was ready, I began building up the details with Granny Apple Green grass (Fawn Lawn), clouds, and the sun.
- Then, the umbrella and rain boots were stamped onto designer paper and cut out. Luckily, the umbrella has a punch to make it easy, but I fussy cut the boots. Also, I punched out the umbrella handle with Champagne Foil paper. Secret: I curled the edges of the umbrella with my bone folder, then popped it up with dimensionals.
- Once the scene was done, it just needed a sentiment so I decided to use one from Under My Umbrella. I inked it up with Bermuda Bay and cropped it out with the Ornate Frames die, then popped it up with dimensionals.
- Because I love a little life on my cards, I inked up the little dragonflies from Dragonfly Garden and colored them with Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.
Under My Umbrella Stamp Set
Shower your loved ones in good wishes and flowers with the Under My Umbrella Stamp Set. Line art images are fun to color and easy to customize for any occasion. The greetings in the stamp set work perfectly for thinking of you, sending love, wedding, or baby projects. Stamp the raindrop or flower images repeatedly to create backgrounds. You can also use them to decorate the umbrellas or the rain galoshes. This stamp set coordinates with the Umbrella Builder Punch (Item #151293)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge
- Challenge Up Your Life Challenge – Flowers
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- The Paper Players Challenge – Spring is in the air
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge – “I love …” using my dies and making fun fold cards!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE