Cardz 4 Galz has a new challenge starting today – “Mother’s Day or Special Day”. I am still ooohing and aaaahing over some new products that Stampin’ Up! is coming out with in the new Annual Catalog. So, it just made sense to use them for this special card for Mother’s Day. The Color & Contour stamp set and bundle is just perfect for this occasion!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Cardz 4 Galz Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my Mother’s Day card is 5″ x 7″ because my mother always hated the size of an A2 card. LOL In fact, she only liked Hallmark cards and didn’t appreciate handmade cards for any occasion. So, I would not have sent her this card if she was still with us. Instead, this card will probably go to my son’s mother-in-law because she is a lovely woman and we have become good friends.
- After cutting Very Vanilla cardstock to 10″ x 7″ and scored at 5,” I cut the new Hand-Penned designer paper and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I began building up the card with layers, using more Basic Black cardstock to cut the new Scalloped Contours die, then adding the Hand-Penned DSP on top.
- The Color & Contour flower image was stamped, colored with Stampin’ Blends and cropped with its coordinating die. Then, I cut two more from Very Vanilla cardstock to give it some dimension.
- After that, I cut the stitched oval piece and layered it onto another one of the new Scalloped Contours dies in the new Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Before popping it up with dimensionals, I cut another piece of Soft Succulent with the scallop die, wrapped the Pale Papaya ribbon around it and adhered it to the card base.
- For the sentiment, I chose Itty Bitty Greetings, which I hadn’t used at all and it is retiring soon. Then, I cropped it out with the Ornate Frames die and popped it up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I made a bow with the ribbon and added a few jewels for a touch of bling.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends Challenge – Ladies or Girls
- The Flower Challenge – Pretty Pastels
- Let’s Craft and Create Challenge – ATG + Flowers
- NBUS Challenge – (New stamp set and dies)
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All about Occasions
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge – Springtime
BEFORE YOU GO!
THE NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG IS COMING!
Customers can purchase from the New Annual Catalog starting May 4, 2021! If you have placed an order with me in the last year, the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog has been ordered for you and should arrive later this month. If yours hasn’t arrived by April 30, please let me know. The Catalog Begins May 4, 2021.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE