Creative Creases Challenge #4
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold – runs through April 15th at noon EDT
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter.
For my new project, I made a Double Gate Fold card, using the Forever Fern bundle. This bundle is wonderful and I haven’t used it nearly enough. This fold is very easy to do so I hope you get inspired and give it a go soon!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, here is the tutorial that I used to begin my Double Gate Fold card. However, I goofed a little bit, cutting from the first and last score lines instead of the second and third. However, I really like my variation as well. You now have two different styles to choose from!
- To begin my card, I cut the Forever Greenery design paper to 5 1/2″ x 12″ then scored at 2,” 4,” 8,” and 10.” Honestly, the use of a designer paper just made this card so easy. Love it!
- As I mentioned, I cut from the first score line to 2 3/4″ mark (halfway on the 5 1/2″ side) and again on the other side. Then, I glued the cut off pieces to the bottom of the card, giving the focal area of this card a diamond shape – perfect focal area, in my opinion.
Now, the FUN Part!
- With the card base all done, all I had to do was to stamp the sentiment, then cut it out with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Then, I layered it onto Garden Green cardstock cut with the larger die.
- After that, I stamped a few of the fern stamps in Garden Green and Pear Pizzazz ink and cropped them out, then layering them underneath the the focal sentiment. To clean up the backside of the sentiment, I cropped out another Garden Green piece to hide the back with the ferns attached.
- Finally, to add a bit of “life” to my card, I stamped a dragonfly in Garden Green ink and colored the wings with Mango Melody and Pear Pizzazz stampin’ blends marker. And, I also added a few rhinestones for a little bling.
I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- Ike’s World Challenge
- Paper Funday Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.