Creative Creases Challenge #
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through MAY 13th at noon.
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter.
For my new project, I made a bridge fold card for Father’s Day. This idea came to me when I purchased the Basic Borders dies from the new Annual Catalog (begins May 4th), and wanted to pair it with the wonderful plane image in Soar Confidently. My 91 year old father was an Air Force pilot for 20 years and still dreams about flying!
My secrets to making this project
- The bridge fold card is so much fun to make! Firstly, I used this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers but made some changes for my card.
- Card base: 5 1/2″ x 9″ and scored at 1 1/2,” 3,” 6,” and 7 1/2.”
- Cardstock panels (3): 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Panels (3): 2 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Bridge piece (2): 6″ and cut with cloud Basic Border die. I wanted it wide enough to stamp the sentiment and place the plane onto but you can make it smaller.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once all of the paper was cut, I scored two of the panels in half before gluing them together. Then all of the panels were adhered to the card base.
- Secondly, I stamped the plane with Misty Moonlight ink and carefully fussy cut it out. Then, I stamped the two sentiments – one on the bridge panel and the other on a piece of scrap White cardstock. After that, the bridge was cut with the cloud border die (NEW!) with another panel of Misty Moonlight to layer behind it. Before popping the sentiment up, I cut a piece of Misty Moonlight ribbon to place underneath for a little touch of interest.
- Finally, I used the cloud die from the Majestic Mountain dies to make a couple of clouds for the side panels.
- This card almost folds flat for mailing, however the panels covering the score lines prevent it from completely folding flat. However, you can omit those panels or cut the panel in half and only cover the card base itself, not the fold. It’s worth it to me to keep it like this. Therefore, I will just put it in a larger envelope or place it in a thin box for mailing.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Card/Gift for a Man
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity Challenge – Car/Airplane/Ship
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge – Wheels (OK, you gotta admit there’s wheels on that plane!)
- Addicted to Stamping & More Challenge – Any Occasion
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All about occasions
NOW, the NEXT Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
Even though all of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational, a challenge must have a winner. So, the winner chosen is…
Please display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Link up to 3 different entries per challenge.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Play with no more than 9 other challenges.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.