Creative Creases Challenge #9
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through JUNE 24TH AT 6:00 PM EDT
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter. So, for my new project, I made a Tower Fold Card, using this Splitcoaststampers tutorial – it was such a great card to make and would love for you to try it! My card is all about the fun fold so I wanted to use the large sentiment from Best Chapter, which would be perfect for anyone starting out on a new adventure, whether it’s college, a new job – you name it!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, to make the card base, I scored a 5 1/2” x 8 1/4” piece of base cardstock at 1”, 2”, 3”, 5 1/4”, 6 1/4” and 7 1/4” on the long side.
- After that, I cut at 1” and 2” from each long side between the 1” and 3” and again between the 5 1/4” and 7 1/4” score lines. Then, burnish all the folds until the card comes together to form the tower.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Cardstock measurements:
- vertical side-panels card front and back: four at 7/8” x 5 3/8”
- horizontal panels top and bottom on front: two at 7/8” x 4 1/8”
- horizontal middle panel on front: 1 3/8” x 4 1/8”
- Designer Paper measurements:
- vertical side-panels card front and back: four at 3/4” x 5 1/4”
- top and bottom horizontal panels : two at 3/4” x 4”
- horizontal middle panel: 1 1/4” x 4”
- Then, I adhered the panels together and glued them onto the card base.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Best Chapter stamp set onto white cardstock and cropped it out with an oval die.
- Then, I cropped out the Evening Evergreen cardstock with the Scalloped Contour die.
- After that, I dry embossed Merry Merlot cardstock with the Ornate Floral embossing folder, then layered it onto white cardstock and adhered both to the Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Finally, the champagne rhinestones added the little bit of bling I love!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Creative Moments Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge – Fun Folds
- NBUS Challenge – brand new stamp set
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules, and you will see that I have eliminated the number of cards you can enter as well as how many other challenges you participate in.
- All fun fold projects are eligible!
- Use any brand of stamps/dies (no company restriction).
- There MUST be a link back to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.