Creative Creases Challenge #11
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through July 22nd at 6:00 PM EDT
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter. This Artistically Inked Pop-out Explosion card was so fun to make and I still can’t believe how quickly either!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Splitcoaststampers Pop-Out Explosion Card tutorial
- Card base: 4 1/2″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2″ – changing the dimensions from the tutorial just a bit
- Explosion element: Cardstock cut to 6” x 6”
- Coordinating designer paper:
- 3 pieces cut to 4 1/4 “x 4 1/4”;
- 2 pieces cut to 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”;
- 1” x 9 1/2“ for belly band
- Fold cardstock to create a 4 1/2” x 4 1/2” card base. Adhere designer paper to the front and inside of card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, to create the pop-out, I scored the 6” square gold foil cardstock in half, then scored in half in the other direction. Thirdly, I scored on the diagonal. SECRET: I used the score tool on my Stampin’ Trimmer and it really gave me a crisp score line that made it so easy to get the fold accurate!
- After that, I cut the 2-3/4” paper squares on the diagonal to create triangles, then adhered these pieces to the pop-out on the diagonal scored areas.
- Then, I madee notches on all 4 sides of the pop-out using the envelope punch board (or you could leave it as is). To make it easy, you can line up each side to the 3” mark on the envelope punch board. After that, I glued the bottom section of the pop-out to the inside of the card. The center point of the pop-out should go up to the center score lines of the card base. Then, I added glue to the top of the pop-out and closed the card front to attach.
- Belly Band: I wrapped the DSP around a belly band around the card, then adhere the ends. Then, I stamped the flower, and sentiment and added the leaves that had been die cut. After that, the flower and sentiment were popped up with dimensionals over the leaves.
- Finally, I added a Gilded Gem to the center of the flower.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Perfect Time to Craft Challenge
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
- Creative Moments Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – Feminine
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to email@example.com, I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at email@example.com and ask to remove the link.
I love your beautiful card. I may even have a go at this fun fold. Thank you for the inspiration. Love Dawn x
Debbie, this is a gorgeous and fun card. I love your clear directions on how to CASE it. Enjoy your day!
Both cards are STUNNING!!!
Wow, this card is amazing! All the most beautiful parts of this DSP on display! Your fun folds are truly above and beyond, right down to the belly band with flourishing leaves.Love love love!!!!!
Debbie, I’m so excited to be a winner in the last challenge. I did have lots of fun with that Accordion card. Will send you and email right away, and I’m grabbing the blog badge for my blog. 😀 Thank you.
Your card is exquisite, such beautiful papers showcased in this eye catching fold!
this is a wow card- love the fold and the designer paper you used