Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “My Happiest Season.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. So, are you keeping track of everyone’s favorite season? If so, mine would have to be fall here in Michigan. It’s just so pretty! I could also vote for spring since we just get so excited when the cold and snow are finally gone. However, my double easel card today used the Plentiful Plants bundle, which is so versatile all year round. Although, I think real plants always look so much better by the fall, right?
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, the card dimensions for this A6-sized double easel fun fold are:
- Card Base #1: 12″ x 4 1/2″ and scored at 6.”
- Card Base #2: 11 7/16″ x 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 3/4″ and 8 5/8.”
- DSP: 5 7/16″ x 4 1/16″
- DSP: 2 11/16″ x 4 1/16″
- After that, I adhered the card base #2 onto the card base #1.
- Then, I adhered the DSP to the card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I started this card last week by fussy cutting many of the plants, containers and potted plants from the DSP. They are bound to come in handy at some point! Then, once I was ready to make a card, all I had to do was decide which ones would best suit my card.
- After I assembled the plants onto the bottom panel, I made the hanging plant by stamping the pot onto Cinnamon Cider cardstock, and cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I cropped out three of the plants with Garden Green cardstock, and layered them onto the back side of the pot.
- Then, I used the dies to make the hanger, cutting away the outer pieces to fit the pot used.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider ink and cropped it out with the Hippo & Friends die. Also, I added a Cinnamon Cider Square Gem to the hanging plant.
- For the inside of my card, I simply stamped the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider ink, then added a couple of the fussy cut plants to the bottom for a little color.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 8th. Our theme will be “Focus on the Sentiment” when our Design Team creates a project showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations Product List
I love the use of Cinnamon Cider, such a perfect color for this project.
This suite is perfect for the special fold…awesome card with so much detail!
Beautiful work here! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
I always love the fold cards and the easel is one of my favorites. Beautiful creation.
Adorable card, Debbie! I agree that as the summer goes on, plants are even more lovely! Thanks for sharing!
I always love your fun fold cards, Debbie!
This fun fold was ideal for the pretty scene you’ve created, Debbie.
Debbie, being a lover of house-plants (at one time I had 60!), I have to say your card is perfect!
You created a perfect scene!
You never cease to amaze me with your fun-fold vingnettes. Lovely!
Wow, Debbie! This is incredible!
Love your fun fold and layout Debbie. Those plants are perfect for it.🌱
I must make one of these cards ASAP! Thanks so much for the directions! As soon as I make it, I will post it to the Creative Creases challenge. Beautiful card and dimension!
Love, Love, love this Fun Fold, Debbie. This is plant perfection without a doubt. Beautiful!
Beautiful fun fold! Thanks for a great hop.
Such a nice card Debbie! I recently made a double-easel card also. This fold really shows off the plants!
Well Debbie…you have decided for me! I have to get The Plentiful Plants.
This is wonderful. Thank You.
Love it! What an awesome card.
Wow. This is so pretty.
This card is so amazing Debbie! I love the fancy fold design, the color palette and all of the beautiful plant images! It’s truly a special card! Fantastic project! Hope you are well and having a great summer! Take care!
Hugs – Rachelle : )
This is the perfect fun fold for the gorgeous card, Debbie! I love it!
Those plants! Love the multi layers to make them stand out! Worth the fussy cutting!
Question-your card base is 12”. How did you extend 8 1/2 x 11” card stock?
Thank you for your question, Sherry. I use 12″ x 12″ cardstock for this size.
Oops now I see the 12 x 12 CS. Nevermind!
Debbie, this is another fantastic card that you have designed! I so love your ideas. Thank you for sharing your instructions. All the best to you!