Anything Goes with a Fun Fold!!
September 3 through September 19th at 12:00 PM EDT
Welcome to the new Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. If you haven’t played in my challenge before, I hope you will be inspired to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter. My card today is an Intertwining Cascade card, using Love of Leaves and the new Sparkle of the Season bundle.
I am SO excited to partner with Double Trouble! My challenge is Thing 2 – Fun Folds. Create a card for a fun fold. Don’t forget – in your post share the tutorial link (if one exists) that you used to create your Fun Fold.
You can stop here…OR play along with Twisted Sister’s optional twist (Thing 3) to earn another chance at their random draw. You can get all of the details on the Double Trouble Challenge website.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made this Interlocking Cascade card, using a tutorial from the Mississippi McGyver blog.
- Card measurements:
- Two DSP/Cardstock pieces: 10-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ then cut diagonally to 2-1/2″ mark on the opposite side. After that, they were scored at 1-3/4,” 3-1/2,” 5-1/4,” 7,” and 8-3/4.”
- Then, with one piece, at the 1-3/4″ score line, cut halfway up, and at the 8-3/4″ score line, cut halfway up.
- After that, on the second piece, at the 1-3/4″ score line, cut halfway down, and at the 8-3/4″ score line, cut halfway down. Then, use those cuts to intertwine the pieces for the cascade. Then, I glued the cut panels down to the panel behind them.
- After that, I adhered them onto the Bumblebee and Mossy Meadow background layers.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I stamped the leaves using the Baby Wipe technique, taking two stacked baby wipes and dropping ink randomly with Mossy Meadow, Bumblebee and Cinnamon Cider.
- After that, I stamped several leaves, cut them out with their coordinating dies and sponged the edges.
- Then, for the card front, I cut out the wreath from Seasonal Swirls in three colors, white, Bumblebee and Mossy Meadow. I only used the negative piece of the white to lay it into the Bumblebee wreath after stamping the “Grateful” onto it. Then, turning it over, I used good ole scotch tape to hold them together. After that, I adhered it to the card base with dimensionals and glued the Mossy Meadow wreath on top.
- Finally, I made a tag with the Tailor Made Tags after stamping the sentiment from Love of Leaves, so that I can sign it when I’m ready to send it. It can be placed inside the card or on the back – totally your choice!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Four Seasons Challenge – Fall
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Dies or Punches
- Country View Challenge – The Leaves Begin to Fall
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Flora/Fauna
- The Male Room Challenge – Nature’s Bounty
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.