Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
In case this is the first time you have come to my blog, you should know that I enjoy making fun folds and 3D projects – a lot! Firstly, I’m always on the lookout for easy ones that anyone can do! And, I am on the slimline bandwagon so it just made sense to make a slimline easel card. Then, to top it off, why not make it a calendar card, since I love sending them to friends at the end of the year. Eden’s Garden is a gorgeous new suite that will be available in the new catalog coming out in January (getting close!) and you can get it early! The preorder for this suite begins November 2nd!!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this Slimline Easel Card measured 8″ x 9″ and scored at 4″ on the 8″ side. Then, I made the card front with white thick cardstock measuring 9″ x 4.”
- After that, I cut the beautiful Ever Eden patterned paper to 8-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and layered it onto Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Lastly, for the inside, I cut a different patterned paper from Ever Eden and layered it onto Soft Succulent.
Now, the FUN Part!
- For the card front, I started out by cutting two of the leaf frames. Firstly, I started by cutting the Evening Evergreen cardstock and removed all of the pieces of leaves etc. Then, I cut a piece of Press ‘n’ Seal and pressed it into the front of the frame. Then, I cut the same frame with Soft Succulent cardstock and laid it over the first. Using my picking tool, I pressed all of the small pieces into the Evening Evergreen for a great inlaid look. Before removing the Press ‘n’ Seal, I took tape and secured everything from the back. Once finished, I popped it up with dimensionals onto the card front.
- After that, I cut the bird (twice) and branch from the Iconic Dies with Crumb Cake cardstock. Then, I layered the birds together (top one without the pieces so the first layer could show through), and colored the top one with Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends. After that, I colored the branch with Crumb Cake and Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blends.
- Lastly, I cut 4 of the small leaves and layered two together for each side of the centerpiece. Then, added Brushed Metallic Dots for a little bling.
- For the inside of the card, I centered the mini calendar onto the card. Then, I stamped the sentiment from Best Year in Evening Evergreen ink and cropped it out with the Hippo & Friends die.
- For the other side, I used the adorable mushrooms in the Iconic Dies, cutting it from Tidings of Christmas patterned paper, glued them to white cardstock and fussy cut them out. Then, they were popped up with dimensionals to be another spot to hold the easel in place.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 10th. Our theme will be “Home for the Holidays” when our Design Team creates a project to celebrate the upcoming holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Diana Carr at Secret Life of Paper
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
Preorder from January – June 2022 Catalog begins 2 November 2021 – 3 January 2022
Enter and explore Eden with the Eden’s Garden Collection! This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!