Welcome – and a Friendly Hello – to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
OMGoodness, it’s Sale-A-Bration! I know that you are as excited about that as I am! My favorite freebie (at the moment) is the Friendly Hello bundle (FREE with a $100 order). After that, I have to say that the Daffodil Afternoon DSP is my second favorite, so I decided to combine the two to make a slimline triple panel card that will fit inside the new slimline envelopes.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, the card base was 12″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4″ and 8″ on the 12″ side.
- After that, I cut the DSP for the front and insides, then, on the front I layered it onto Crushed Curry cardstock for a little extra definition.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the DSP was all attached, I had some fun on the front of the card! Firstly, I stamped the bird with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and started coloring (colors listed below). Then, I cut it out with the new-to-me Layering Diorama dies.
- After that, the sentiment from Hello Friend was stamped and cut out with the Stitched Rectangle die. Before I laid it onto the card front, I cut a long piece of Gold Shimmer Ribbon and adhered it to the card base in a loose bow.
- Because I love to add details to my cards, I just had to add some foliage from the Bough Punch with Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry cardstock.
- For the inside of the card, I let the DSP shine! I did some fussy cutting on the left hand side, so that it allows a message on the upper half.
- Then, for the center panel, I stamped the sentiment from Special Moments and cropped it with the Stitched Rectangle die. After that, I layered it onto Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Because this is a slimline card, it was looking a little bare so I added just a bit of color with the pretty leaves. Then, finally added the Brushed Brass Butterflies for some sweet bling.
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS! Click here to get started!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<< You are here!
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
Oh my! I have not seen a trip-fold skinny card. This is great. And I love your decorations.
Debbie, beautiful fancy fold with the daffodils! Love it!
Beautiful card, Debbie!
Such a gorgeous triple panel card, Debbie! I love it! 🙂
I love how all the elements of your card went together perfectly. Beautiful card.
A beautiful card Debbie, and triple panel at that!
Love how you put your stamp on each of these layers Debbie–especially using the Diorama dies! Thanks for all you do to make our Pals Hop such a success each month;)
Great fun fold slimline Debbie! Love all the details!!
Great fun fold and a beautiful design showcase for this DSP. Love this Deb! I am sure getting to love those Slimline cards. Happy New Year to you and yours.
Perfect slimline funfold card, wow! And the paper lends itself to well to this shape of the card!
Very pretty, Debbie. I made one of these back in July and did it ever take extra postage!
Triple slim line! So impressive! I love all the panels equally!
I love the idea of a triple slim line card. Plus the combination of DSP and the diorama dies is great.
This card is lovely! May I ask – what kind of glue do you use to glue down your DSP? I have used some and it does not end up not sticking well!
Hi Debbie! Thank you! To answer your question, glue can have a hard time sticking in humid climates. I don’t know which ones have been giving you issues, but I think SU’s new selections of adhesives all do a great job. If you haven’t already, go for the Tear n Tape, Stampin’ Seal +, Tombow and dimensionals. I have never had issues with them ever. Tombow gives you the time to get the layers into place before becoming permanent. I use it quite a bit. Let me know if I can help you with any other questions!