Welcome – and a Friendly Hello – to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
OMGoodness, it’s Sale-A-Bration! I know that you are as excited about that as I am! My favorite freebie (at the moment) is the Friendly Hello bundle (FREE with a $100 order). After that, I have to say that the Daffodil Afternoon DSP is my second favorite, so I decided to combine the two to make a slimline triple panel card that will fit inside the new slimline envelopes.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base was 12″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4″ and 8″ on the 12″ side.
- After that, I cut the DSP for the front and insides, then, on the front I layered it onto Crushed Curry cardstock for a little extra definition.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the DSP was all attached, I had some fun on the front of the card! Firstly, I stamped the bird with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and started coloring (colors listed below). Then, I cut it out with the new-to-me Layering Diorama dies.
- After that, the sentiment from Hello Friend was stamped and cut out with the Stitched Rectangle die. Before I laid it onto the card front, I cut a long piece of Gold Shimmer Ribbon and adhered it to the card base in a loose bow.
- Because I love to add details to my cards, I just had to add some foliage from the Bough Punch with Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry cardstock.
- For the inside of the card, I let the DSP shine! I did some fussy cutting on the left hand side, so that it allows a message on the upper half.
- Then, for the center panel, I stamped the sentiment from Special Moments and cropped it with the Stitched Rectangle die. After that, I layered it onto Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Because this is a slimline card, it was looking a little bare so I added just a bit of color with the pretty leaves. Then, finally added the Brushed Brass Butterflies for some sweet bling.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<< You are here!
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’