It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The two winners for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. I hope you go to the gallery for the last challenge and look at all of the fantastic inspiration there. I was absolutely inspired by the THREE Triple Point fun folds then created one of my own, changing up the dimensions a bit. And, I can confirm that this is truly an easy fun fold! After constructing the card base, I used the Blessings of Home bundle for the pretty focal point.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this 6″ square card started with the card base at 6″ x 12″ then scored at 6″ on the 12″ side. After that, I marked the center of the front panel and cut from the left down to the mark. Then, I did the same with the right side. Save those pieces you cut off.
- Once that was done, I cut two DSPs and white cardstock to 5-3/4″ squares, then found the center at the bottom of the panel and cut again from the left and right front corners down to that center mark. Finally, all of the DSP pieces were glued into place, which gave me some “wiggle room” to place them exactly where I wanted them.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once all of the pieces were complete, I started on the focal image, which is the pretty image in Blessings of Home. Once I had it colored with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below), I cropped it out with an oval die. Then, I layered it onto a panel of Soft Succulent that was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die with dimensionals.
- I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of white cardstock with Evening Evergreen ink and cropped it out with Messages die.
- Before added the entire panel to the card base, I wrapped it with Crumb Cake baker’s twine and made a small bow.
- Finally, I decided that there needed to be a little life on the card, so I looked through my punches and found the Butterfly Duet Punch. So, I inked up the little butterfly in its coordinating Butterfly Gala stamp set and punched it out. Then, I added 3 little jewels for its body.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Double Trouble Challenge – Something, Anything, Everything (think I hit all three!)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Hearts or Flowers
- NBUS Challenge – New stamp set
- Seize The Birthday Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All about Occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE