Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is a Color Challenge. Using Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow, the Design Team has created some great projects that you will all want to see. We hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
So, I have to confess that I struggle with color challenges, but this one was fun once I thought about how these great autumn colors could be used. After looking through my stamp sets, I decided to use Sending Smiles since I hadn’t inked it up in quite a while and thought the colors would look great with those flowers. Then, using the patterned paper from He’s the Man DSP, I liked being able to turn the pattern on the bottom of the card front to give it a fun look.
My Secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base is 5-1/2″ x 11″ Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2.” After that, I cut off the upper part of the card front at 3″ to create the fun fold opening.
- DSP: 5-1/8″ square for inside, and 5-1/8″ x 2-1/4″ for card front
- White Cardstock: 5-1/4″ square for inside and 5-1/4″ x 2-3/8″ for card front
- Cardstock #2: 5-1/8″ x 1-1/4″ and dry embossed with the Scripty embossing folder.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was together, I stamped the flowers in Mango Melody ink and the centers were stamped in Cajun Craze. Then, I cut them out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I stamped and cut out the leaves with their coordinating dies.
- Once that was done, I cut out the circle with Crumb Cake cardstock and layered it on top of the card front and glued the flowers/leaves on top.
- Then, for the inside of the card, which shows on the upper part of the card front, I cut and layered the sentiment onto the card.
- After that, I cut a piece of white cardstock to the size of the bottom of the card, 5-1/8″ x 2-1/4″ to write my personal message.
- Finally, I added just a few Classic Matte Dots to the card.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 9th when the theme will be Home for the Holidays.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping << YOU ARE HERE — KEEP HOPPING!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- A Place To Start 3/8
- 613 Avenue Create 3/8
- Stamping Sensations
- Try It On Tuesday
- Use Your Stuff
- We Love Stamping
Starter Kit + October 4 – 31
Head over to my list of retired stamp sets and bundles for sale HERE! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you see anything you would like to purchase or leave a comment.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
This is such a great card! This set is a favorite and these colors really make everything pop! Plus you cannot beat a fun fold! ❤️
Beautiful card and cute fold!
Terrific fun to see how you put your own stamp on this Color Hop Pal! Such a beautiful mix of textures and layers! Thanks as ever for all you do to make our Hop possible:)
Beautiful card, Debbie. Love this Fun Fold and you used the colors beautifully. The textured background is perfect!
What a pretty fall birthday card Debbie! I love the square fun fold!!
What a beautiful card! The fun fold was such a surprise, and such a WOW! I really like the way your embossed Mossy Meadow panel has “Blossoms” right next to the flowers. Perfect!
P.S. I wish I could figure out how to have the text next to a picture instead of having to go down a line. Love it!
She is a very pampered Puss with a heated bed and she looks very comfy.
There’s a lovely warm Autumnal feel to your pretty floral card, lovely to see you ate Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping October challenges. many thanks for joining in.
A great fun fold, Deb! This bundle is so versatile — it works perfectly with this color combination. Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping October Challenge;-))m
Such a pretty creation. Love the surprise of puss at the end of your posting. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at We Love Stamping.
Another GREAT card Debbie
Its a beautiful card, love the shape and the lovely colours
Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
Super gorgeous card!! Love the colours and love that embossing too. Need to add to my ‘must get’ list!
Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
this is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Fabulous colors! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Chana Malkah, Owner