Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Home for the Holidays, so the design team created a project for the holiday of their choice. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I found this wonderful new (to me) fun fold on Pinterest recently. This Caroling Mice card was inspired by a card from Susan Campfield. So I watched her video and saw for myself that this style is indeed fun and very fast to make.
Although I knew this was going to be a Christmas holiday card, I didn’t choose the image from Caroling Mice stamp set till I had put the card base together. In case you missed this stamp set in the holiday mini catalog, Caroling Mice is the host stamp set, which means you can only order it once your order reaches $150. I don’t have a problem getting orders to that level when there’s a cute/pretty/fun/elegant stamp set that’s just waiting for me to ink it up!
If you come to my blog on Friday, you will see a second project for the holidays that coordinates with this one, so hope to see you then!
- Firstly, I made the card base for this A2 card with the following card measurements:
- Card Base Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 2-1/8,” 4-1/4,” and 6-3/8.”
- Bendy Piece Cardstock (makes the card base bend): 1″ x 5-1/8″ and scored at 1/2″ on both ends.
- Mounting Piece Cardstock (holds the inside focal point straight): 1″ x 3″ and scored at 1/2,” 1,” 2,” and 2-1/2.”
- DSP: I cut 6 pieces of 2 different patterned papers (2 for the card front and 4 for the inside) at 5-3/8″ x 2″
- Belly Band: Cardstock: 1″ by 9-1/2″ and DSP 3/4″ x 9-1/2″
- After cutting all of the cardstock and designer paper, I put the “Bendy Piece” on the inside panels of the card, trying to center it vertically as best I could (eyeballed it!).
- Then, I glued all of the designer papers in place, including the middle panels, which hid the tabs of the Bendy Piece.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Then, after the card base was assembled, I stamped the mouse and street lamp onto white cardstock and colored them with Stampin’ Blends (listed below).
- After that, I cut the stamped image out with the Stylish Shapes square. Then, I stamped the “Merry Christmas” from Framed & Festive with Evening Evergreen ink on white cardstock and cut it out with the same die so that the sentiment would be at the very bottom of the square. After that, I tore the paper just above the sentiment, then glued it over the mouse image to make it look like snow.
- Once that was done, I layered the square onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock and cut another layer with Evening Evergreen cardstock. Then, I adhered one end of the belly band between the two cardstock layers, wrapped it around the card and secured the other end before adhering the Evening Evergreen cardstock to give the belly band a more polished finish.
- Finally, I added just one little opal round to the mouse’s hat.
- The Framed & Festive sentiment for inside the card was stamped and cropped out with the Stylish Shapes circle.
- After that, I cut a piece of the designer paper to 3-1/4″ square, then layered it onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock, cut to 3-3/8.”
- Next, I attached the Mounting Piece to the center of the card, using the card base’s score line as my guide. Then, I glued the sentiment panel down to the Mounting Piece.
- Finally, I decided that the sentiment panel needed something, so I stamped, colored and fussy cut two of the Christmas trees from Caroling Mice stamp set and glued them down.
Back to the Hop!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 14th. Our theme will be Last Minute Gift/Card Ideas.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
I’m sharing the card with these challenges:
- Unicorn Challenge
- Christmas with the Cuties
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
- Peace on Earth
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas
- Colour Crazy Challenge
- Krafty Chicks
- 613 Avenue Create
- Cupcake Inspirations
- Double Trouble Challenges
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
Click HERE to Join Now!
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Your card and the mouse is precious! I agree on adding to an order to get that cute set! I love the stand out inside section also. A new Fun Fold!
SO cute. I needed some inspiration for the Caroling Mice set. Your card is wonderful
Aesome fun fold…pretty inside and out!
I meant Awesome…I am have trouble typing today!
Beautiful Fun Fold here Debbie! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
What an amazing twist on a gate fold card, I just love it! So creative and beautiful! And fabulous new glasses! He’s so cute!!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
How fun Debbie! I just love your little mouse and the fun fold looks amazing! I’m going to have to try this one.
Just. So. Cute! And then that bendy fold inside is a cool surprise. Wonderful card, Debbie!
Such a sweet card and I love the fun fold, Debbie! Thank you for sharing your creativity.
So cute, Debbie! I always enjoy your fun fold cards!
Wow, Debbie, I have never seen one like this before. Thank you for sharing the instructions. I have not had much luck with bendy cards. This so unique combined with the gate fold AND that DSP is my fave!
What a great card design, Debbie. I love this card. Your grandson is so handsome in his new sunglasses!!
So cute, Debbie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Hello my friend … hope you are well! This is an awesome creation! LOVE the fold and thanks for the How To’s. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Debbie, what a cute bendy card! Thank you for sharing your instructions, since I’ve never seen this particular style before!! Great job coloring the mice and selecting the DSP for the background!! Thank you for once again sharing your talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna
What a FUN card!! I LOVE that poinsettia paper and your card design. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
Fabulous design!! Love the image and, pretty details. Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Kanan – DT
Great poinsettia paper, adorable mouse and great coloring and then to have the pop out tree and sentiment is so pretty… beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.
What a beautiful Christmas card! I really love the poinsettia background behind the mouse. Thanks for sharing and inspiring everyone over at NBUS. I hope to see more of your projects. Bonnie GDT
I love the fun fold and I’m eager to try it out thanks to you great instructions! I love the deep colors you chose and the inside is such a nice surprise! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!
Very cute card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT
Great card, Debbie! The richly colored poinsettias are beautiful. I love making bendy cards but have never seen this particular style – I am eager to make it. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #125.
Such a brilliant card and fabulous tutotial too. Thank you for sharing at christmas with the Cuties. Sarah DT
So cute! Love the mouse!