Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
Happy New Year! This month, our blog hop theme is Sale-A-Bration! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I want to show you the cutest birthday card I have made in a while with the Adorable Owls stamp set.
Firstly, if you follow me, you might have seen the cute photos of my grandson Noah, who just celebrated his second birthday last week. And you would also know that he loves to watch birds at my bird feeders and has learned the names of many other feathered friends from books. So, I just had to make his birthday card with the Adorable Owls stamp set (one of his favorites) with the Day At The Farm designer series paper.
- Firstly, I created the card base with 12″ white cardstock, cut at 4-1/2″ x 12″, and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut more white paper with the Aspen die, then cut it and the Day At The Farm designer paper down to 4″ x 5-1/2.” Once that was done, I layered them onto Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Then, to make this super easy fun fold card, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4″ x 4-1/2″ and scored the 4″ side at 1,” 2,” and 3″ to create the stand.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I stamped the owl and colored it with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Then, I fussy cut it out so it would have some dimension on the card front by popping it up.
- Then, I decided that there needed to be some ground cover so I colored white cardstock with Pear Pizzazz ink using a blending brush. Once that was done, I cut it with the Eden die and then adhered it to the bottom of the panel.
- Finally, I stamped the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from A Grand Kid stamp set and cut it into a banner with the Banner Pick A Punch. Then, I stamped the “Hoot Hoot” stamp and trimmed it down to glue it to the corner of the banner.
And on to the Flip Side!
- So, on the back of the card, I made another panel of Balmy Blue and white cardstock. Then, I stamped the party owl and colored him with the same colors as the front one, then added Balmy Blue and Mango Melody to his little party hat.
- Since I had some leftover Pear Pizzazz-blended cardstock left, I cut it with the Eden die and added it to the bottom of the panel.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment.
- Finally, I found a white cloud edgelit panel in my stash that had been cut from the Basic Border dies, so I trimmed it to fit the panel for just a little added detail.
Get Hopping for More Creativity!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 8th, when we will be creating projects for Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<<<<You are HERE! Keep Hopping!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
I’m sharing the card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Place To Start
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Krafty Chicks
- NBUS (new stamp set and designer paper)
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Try It On Tuesday (new stamp set and paper)
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE