A new Make My Monday challenge is starting today and the theme is “Masculine.” Since masculine cards are right up there on the “difficulty scale” as sympathy cards for me, I jumped at the chance to purchase the May Paper Pumpkin kit. I had to stop my subscription when I started the moving process last year but this kit is great for all of the guys in my family. So, if you have this kit or have a chance to get the “refill” I would advise you to get it and keep it handy for your outdoorsy friends and family.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
- Firstly, this card was so easy to make that I had it made within an hour of getting it from my mailbox. You don’t get easier than that, my friends!
And now, the fun part!
- So, after opening the kit, I chose the Boho Blue card base to begin. Firstly, I cut the new Wild Wheat cardstock with the Radiating Stitches dies to create the stitching with the larger one and the opening with the smaller one.
- After that, I cut vellum paper to 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2, cut the center out the same size as the opening, and adhered them together. Then, this panel was adhered to the card base with the adhesive under the panel so it didn’t show through the vellum.
- Once that was done, all I had to do was ink the sentiment from the kit onto the banner from the kit and I popped it up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I added Solid Gems and the Mossy Meadow Braided Linen trim.
- I love this kit so much that I will have another card for you on June 2nd! Make sure you come back to see another alternative card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- A Place To Start
- Crafty Catz
- The Paper Funday
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- Seize the Birthday
- Try It On Tuesday
Before You Go!
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
A beautiful scenic card,love the autumnal colours
Beautiful card Debbie. Love how you framed the lovely scene. Great alternative card for the PP kit.
Great masculine card! Love the vellum edges and that radiating stitches die as a frame for the scene!
I really like this idea. I bought several packages of the New Horizons DSP & and see some amazing cards coming. Thank you for sharing your fabulous creativity.
Such a beautiful card! Loving that die cut frame 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday ! Hugs, Jo x
It’s fabulous Debbie, love how you’ve framed the beautiful scene, it’s a perfect masculine card, thank you so much for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
I agree, masculine and sympathy are 2 of my most difficult designs and I don’t have enough of either in my stash. Your card has a tranquil scene and makes a great masculine card. Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone’s creativity.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Fabulous masculine card. (I totally agree with you that they are so,so, difficult).
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx