Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is All Creatures Great and Small. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the fantastic creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I love the Masterpiece series, All Creatures Great and Small. So, this theme is a great one, and the only problem was which of the stamp sets I should use. Finally, I decided to use Perched In A Tree to use as the focal point for the Flying Seagull fun fold I wanted to make. I made this card a few months ago and you can see that card HERE. Since this fold is super easy, if you are interested in making a fun fold, this one is a great one to try.
Let’s start with the card base…
- Firstly, let’s make the card base for this A2 card, created with the Perched In A Tree stamp set and coordinating dies. I cut two pieces of Night of Navy to 8-1/4″ x 4-1/4.” Both pieces were scored at 2-1/4,” 4,” and 6-1/4″
- Then, I cut Moody Mauve cardstock and the vellum Basics paper for the two outer panels:
- Cardstock: 2″ x 4-1/4″ and DSP: 1-7/8″ x 4-1/8″ (2 each) for the two outer panels.
- After that, I cut cardstock: 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and DSP: 1-1/8″ x 4-1/8.”
- Once that was done, I adhered all of the panels together and onto the card base pieces.
- The focal image was made with Night of Navy cardstock cut to 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and white cardstock, cut to 4-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ and dry embossed with the Fern embossing folder.
- Finally, to connect the two pieces, I folded the two panels: 2-1/4″ score line – mountain fold, 4″ score line – valley fold, 6-1/4″ score line – valley fold. Then, with the two 2-1/4″ panels on the outside, I butted up the two panels together at the 6-1/4″ score line and taped them together. This keeps them from shifting while I line up the focal panel. Then, I glued it on with liquid glue to be able to make sure it was good and straight.
And now, the fun part!
- Even though making this fold was very fun, I had even more fun stamping and coloring the adorable bird from Perched In A Tree. I colored it with Boho Blue Stampin’ Blends and added a bit of Ivory since most birds have more than one color. After that, I cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I cut the leaf dies with Moody Mauve cardstock and lightly sponged more Moody Mauve onto the edges.
- I stamped the branch with Pecan Pie ink, then cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Layering Leaves stamp set with Night of Navy ink and cropped it out with the die in the Autumn Leaves die collection. For a little bling, I added the Boho Blue dots.
- Then, I stamped the two leave stamps with Moody Mauve ink and cropped them out with their coordinating dies. Finally, I added the leaf veins that were cut out with Moody Mauve cardstock. After gluing them onto the leaves, I adhered them to the card base with dimensionals.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month (second Wednesday), when our theme will be The Color Purple.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<<You are HERE!
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create
- A Perfect Time to Craft
- A Place To Start
- Crafting Happiness
- Crazy Critters
- Die Cut Divas
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenges
- Try It On Tuesday
- We Love Stamping
I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments about my project today.
If you enjoyed my project today, please be sure to…
- Firstly, visit my Gallery and Fun Fold Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Enter the Creative Creases Challenge HERE with any fun fold card!
- Then, complete this contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, follow me on Pinterest
- Finally, you find out what’s new with SU HERE
NEW Online Exclusive Products Available NOW!!
October Paper Pumpkin News…
This kit includes:
- All the supplies you’ll need to create 8 sparkly and dazzling Christmas cards—4 each of 2 designs—and eight coordinating envelopes.
- A coordinating photopolymer stamp set with endearing holiday sentiments and festive designs.
- A Real Red Stampin’ Spot
- A bottle of Glitter Glue
- Beautiful Christmas-themed pre-cut pieces
Finished folded card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pecan Pie, Real Red
Deadline to subscribe: October 10thProduct List