Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Hello, Hoppers! Let’s escape from reality for a little while. So many special occasions need a card and very often those cards have a little “sumthin sumthin” tucked inside! That thought is what sparked the idea for my card. I have made this type of fun fold before but it’s been a while. My previous card had a mini calendar and a place for post-it notes. (You can see that card HERE) I recently bought Pocketful of Happiness to go with the Pocket dies that were already in my collection so combined the two to make this card. This is a birthday card but the fun fold would be great for all of the special occasions in your life!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This 6″x6″ half easel card was very easy to make! The Whisper White card base is 12″x6″ and scored at 6″. I then cut away a 3″x6″ piece and scored the remaining piece at 3.” You can choose which side to cut off. It looks great on either side!
- Bird Ballad DSP and Silver Foil sheets were cut into layers for the background:
- Silver Foil: 2 3/4″x2 3/4″ (2) and 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ (1)
- DSP: 2 1/2″x2 1/2″ (2) and 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (1)
- Now, the fun part! I stamped and heat embossed the stamped images with VersaMark and Silver embossing powder. Then, I colored them with Stampin’ Blends and applied clear Wink of Stella to the bird image (colors are listed below). If you follow my blog, you will know my next step – I then restamped and heat embossed the images with Silver embossing powder. I really love the double layer of embossing powder plus if the Stampin’ Blends dulled the embossing at all, this step fixes it. This extra step only works well if you have a stamp positioning tool, such as the Stamparatus. Mine earns its keep every day! The sentiments were heat embossed as well.
- This time it’s die cutting fun! The pocket and stitched nested Labels dies were used for the gift card. The “happy” from Well Written dies was cut out three times and adhered together. The Stitched square die were also used to provide an area to write your message. All were placed onto the card base with adhesive.
- The floral stamped images were fussy cut. Once everything was complete, I adhered them to the card base – some directly and other popped up with dimensionals.
- The finishing touch was adding champagne rhinestones to all of the areas, especially the floral centers.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun and, until then, please stay safe!
Click Links to:
Shop My Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow Me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
This card is a gift in itself…just beautiful, Debbie!
Oh My! I love this card. It’s unique and beautiful! Thank you for sharing the directions!
This is amazing, and beautiful, and fun. Just love it and will be making one today…..Thank you Debbie.
This is such a unique fun fold! I always look forward to what great fold you’ll be sharing!
A terrific take on today’s hop Debbie! I love how you put your own stamp on this card project, and your silver embossing is just beautiful! Enjoyed seeing your calendar card design too! Be Well Friend!
This card is awesome! I know whoever receives it is going to love it! Thanks for sharing.
So pretty. I love this!
I love this Debbie! I’ve been meaning to add this set to an order. I guess it’s time!
beautiful design and card
I love fun folds, and this is a new twist on the easel card for me. Love it! Can’t wait to use it. Thank you for the template and the measurements! Awesome!
What a surprise card! I am a big fan of special fold cards. Thank you for sharing. You are so good at unusual ideas.
I so love that silver embossed flower with trailing leaves on either side. You really outdid yourself with this card, and I must go try the fold- it looks so fun!
Very, very cool card! Thank you for sharing & including instructions!
This is a stunning card, Debbie! I have the pocket dies, but not this stamp set so I think you just convinced me to get it. 🙂
Gorgeous in these soft, pretty colors — a wonderful project!
Fabulous project hub. I love the peach and green together. Love Dawn x
Beautiful, Deb….Thank you for sharing!!