The bee that comes in the new Springtime Hello stamp set goes so well with Flower Shop and Petite Petals, don’t you think? I have always had a fascination with bees! They are so industrious, working all of the time to make flower nectar into honey. It’s really quite amazing when you think about it. After they collect the nectar, they take it back to the hive and fan their wings to dehydrate it, which thickens it to what we eat. That is so much work! And, without bees, our food supply would be greatly diminished! Anyway, when I saw that cute little bee I knew that I would have to use it with the Honeycomb embossing folder and some pretty flowers.
I started this card out with the colors chosen for the Stampin’ Royalty challenge this week, using Real Red, Crushed Curry, and Island Indigo. I then combined the colors with the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. Those colors are beautiful together but I wanted to make something less bright so I kept the dominant color Whisper White and made the flowers pop right off the card, literally (with dimensionals). You can never have enough birthday cards so the sentiment from Express Yourself was perfect with that font for this elegant, floral card.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Flower Shop (wood #130939/clear #130942), Petite Petals (wood #133152/clear #133155), Springtime Hello (wood #133412/clear #133415), Express Yourself (wood #130336/clear #130339)
- Paper: Island Indigo (#122923), Real Red (#102482), Crushed Curry (#131199), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: Island Indigo (#126986), Real Red (#126949), Crushed Curry (#131173)
- SU Tools: Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976), Honeycomb Embossing Folder (#129378), Chalk Talk Framelits (#129983), Bitty Banners Framelits (#129267), Apothecary Accents Framelits (#127003), Deco Labels Framelits (#130102)
- Finishing Touch: Regals Candy Dots (#130932), Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247)
I hope you liked my card today! It was easy to assemble due to the coordinating stamps and punches! The Petite Petals stamp set and punch are 15% off if you order them together (wood #134821/clear #134822). And did you know that Stampin’ Up! has restocked the Clearance Rack? You can use this LINK to see what is new! While you are there, check out the Weekly Deals as well. Sale-A-Bration is in full swing! This is a great time to put in that Wish List you have and earn some great FREE products. Please let me know if you have any questions, because I would love to help. Till then,
Keep calm and craft on!
The stamp set Feel Goods has been one of my favorites from the current Annual Catalog, but it has been on my shelf for way too long. I used it to make some coasters for my son but that’s about it. I thought the above stamp would be perfect for my daughter this time, because she just got her grades for her first semester as a high school junior and she ACED everything! She has been taking AP classes, so we barely see her sometimes. She is always studying for the multiple tests she has every week. So, I decided to make this card and tuck in a gift card to her favorite restaurant.
I am submitting this card to The Paper Players challenge to use stars. This card started out “clean and simple” but I just had to add the Gorgeous Grunge to the card because it is her absolute favorite stamp set! This card may not be “clean” but it really was “simple.” My daughter loves the grunge look of this stamp set and I hoped that the Kaleidoscope paper would be forgiving of the aged look. So I thought the bold look of the Kaleidoscope paper with a little stress and age would be right up her alley. The Pomp & Circumstance stamp set will be out for a long time, now that we are heading into college and high school graduation season. And those word bubbles!! Wow! I love those things! I can’t believe that I hesitated to get them even for a minute! They have a size for all of those cute sayings from Just Sayin’ stamp set (save 15% by ordering them together! Wood #134819, clear #134820) or any of your other sentiments.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Feel Goods (wood #131916, clear #129684), Simply Stars (wood #130889, clear #130892), Pomp & Circumstance (wood #134165, clear #134168), Gorgeous Grunge (wood #130514, clear #130517)
- Paper: Kaleidoscope DSP, Bermuda Bay (#131197), Crushed Curry (#13199), Whisper White (#100730), Basic Gray (#121044)
- Ink: Bermuda Bay (#131171), Crushed Curry (#131173), Melon Mambo (#126948), Basic Gray (#126981)
- SU Tools: Chevron Embossing Folder (#127749), Word Bubbles Framelits (#132968), Label Card Thinlits Die (#133479)
- Finishing Touch: Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246)
So, I hope you liked my project today! Remember to make your cards with the recipient in mind. I always try to add that one little thing that will make them say “Aw!” I would love for you to leave me a comment! February Blog Candy for one lucky commenter is a great reason to take just a moment to leave a comment and the more you leave the better your chances will be to win! And, while you are doing that, please make sure to sign up for email notifications and “like” my Facebook page. Come back on Thursday! Till then,
Keep calm and craft on!