Happy New Year!
I hope you have the Best New Year ever! Whatever happens is good – even if it’s bad. That’s my mantra. I truly believe that something good will come of anything bad, but you just have to be patient and look for it. It’s ALL good, believe me!
I have a really exciting announcement! I was invited to be on the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew Design Team! I really don’t know what I did to deserve this honor. I have only been blogging a few short months, but I really felt that this would be an opportunity for me, and maybe the one and only time that I will be able to do it. So, I hope you will join me and play along! The challenges run for an entire month and, since it’s January, what else do you have going on, eh? The Creative Crew challenge this month is:
January in Michigan can be like a Crystal Ball: Icy, Shimmery, white, cool blues, soft pinks, all mixed up with some earthy tones of red berries, evergreens, and tree branches all coated with clear stuff!
- CCREW0114DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM — DSP/Color focus: Show us your take on new Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, using some cool wintery colors listed above. If you don’t plan to order the vellum, just use the colors listed above.
- CCREW0114CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM — Catalog focus: All the world is glittery! Show something with glitter, it can be a glitter technique, glitter sheets, anything that glitters!
- CCREW0114HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM — Holiday focus: January is National Hobby month, share something crafty besides a card, it can be a wreath, a banner, a tablescape, or picture frame, a headband, some jewelry, something crocheted with our crochet thread, it’s totally up to you.
- CCREW0114SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM — Scrapbook focus: Whether you’re digital or traditional, or even if you don’t really scrap at all – maybe you prefer a framed art piece or a This & That journal – Whatever you decide show us how you would use the layout. (Go to the Challenge to see the layout.)
So, on to my card! I made this card for the first challenge listed here, which is the DSP/Color focus. I am very happy that they chose the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum because I was really excited to use it. And, I will tell you, it did NOT disappoint! All of the designs are great and I love how I can hide the adhesive in the foil areas! I ran the vellum through the Big Shot in the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder for even more texture and it did great! I taped it down with sticky strip to make sure it would hold up with the weight of the rest of the card and it really did.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamps: Best New Year (Wood 132609)
- Paper: Pool Party (122924), Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum (133364), Silver Foil Sheets (132178)
- Paper Size: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Ink: Silver Metallic Encore (132142), Pool Party (126982)
- Cool Tools: Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132174)
- Finishing Touch: Silver 1/8″ Ribbon (132137), Frosted Finishes Embellishments (132150), Festive Flurry Ornament Kit (135813)
So, I thought I would also share the other cards that I made with this stamp set so you can see how versatile it is. It is only available till TOMORROW! What are you waiting for?
I hope you all have a great year! I would love to hear from you and hear your goals for the coming years. What do you hope for? Make a list and post it somewhere so you will see it everyday! Make sure that YOUR goals make it to your To-Do List. If there is ever anything I can do to help you enjoy this great craft, I would be happy to do so. I am always just an email away. And don’t forget to “like” my Facebook page and sign up for email notification. Stay tuned for the new Occasions Catalog to be unrolled on January 3rd. I will be giving you lots of details then. Until next time,
Stay Calm and Craft on!