The Scallop Tag Topper Punch is so fun to use! I showed you a cute little paper bag that I made out of DSP with it (click here). With my card today it is holding a pretty flower that I made out of Watercolor DSP. As most of my cards are, this is a very quick and easy card to make. Most of the time is giving the flower a little time to dry after spritzing it with alcohol.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Express Yourself
- Paper: Calypso Coral CS, Watercolor Wonder, Daffodil Delight
- Ink: Calypso Coral
- SU Tools: Scallop Tag Topper Punch, 1 3/4″ Scallop Punch, 1 1/4″ Scallop Punch, Scallops Embossing Folder, Oval Scallop Punch, Oval Punch
- Finishing Touch: Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Organza Ribbon, Subtles Designer Buttons, Large Pearls, Baker’s Twine, Tea Lace Doily
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (never more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,
Happy Birthday, Adam!
I don’t normally post on a Friday but today I bring you this special card on my son’s 20th birthday! Wow, where did the time go? It really does seem like just yesterday that he was this small:
And now he looks like this!
Adam is a sophomore at the University of Michigan and is working towards a Political Science degree. He has been such a joy in our lives (as all of my children are, of course). He lights up a room when he enters it! He is sensitive, thoughtful, and has a very strong sense of family. Those traits are not easily found, so I know how truly blessed I am to be his “Mum.” It is such a joy to see his journey to being an adult and can’t help but feel so proud of him!
When you are trying to make a masculine birthday card, it is always important to find graphic designs. I found Jan Tink’s card on Pinterest and CASEd it pretty closely. I liked the idea of the sentiment with the star to wish upon! Also, I used Core’dinations paper to sand for a more weathered look, which goes so well with anything you make with Gorgeous Grunge.
Here’s a tip: when using the Woodgrain Emboss Folder, do not use any of the platform tabs on your Big Shot. When you do, it can tear the cardstock. I have used my torn cardstock before since you can’t really tell, but it is definitely easier to assemble a card without torn paper!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants, Off the Grid, Gorgeous Grunge, Simply Stars
- Paper: Crumb Cake Core’dinations CS, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
- Ink: VersaMark, Marina Mist, Real Red
- SU Tools: Banner Framelits, Woodgrain Emboss Folder, Stampin’ Sanding System
- Finishing Touch: Epic This and That Designer Washi Tape, Early Espresso 1/8″ Ribbon, Subtles Candy Dots, Early Espresso Emboss Powder
So, I hope you liked my card today and really hope that Adam does! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,