Hello, my friend!
One thing you might not know about me (yet) is that I love animals! All kinds! None scare me although I might not want to get too close LOL but I think that shows intelligence, not lack of courage. When I found out what the challenge was, guess what my question was – exactly what IS a “critter?” Does size matter? The number of legs? Can a lion be a critter?? I really wanted to do this right so I asked my design team. Guess what? They basically thought anything you want is a critter: snakes, spiders, birds, insects like ladybugs, butterflies, dragonflies, as well as squirrels, hamsters, mice, and even whales, dolphins and fish. Those were their suggestions. So, the sky’s the Animal Kingdom limit, my friend! I hope you will all get your cutest (and older) stamps out and play along!!
This card started out by choosing one of the very oldest stamp sets that I own, My Friend, which debuted in the 2011-2012 Annual Catalog. I stamped the foliage and top sentiment on the new Serene Scenery DSP stack. However, there were no “critters” in this stamp set. So, I went to a fairly new stamp set, Sprinkles of Life, which came out in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog as the stamp set that raised money for the Ronald McDonald House. The great part about this stamp set is that it has a coordinating punch and both are still available! I stamped up some of those cute little “critters” and punched them out, drew little legs to make them look like sandpipers – easy peasy!
The rest of the card was also easy. Burlap ribbon (a new go-to favorite) was layered with 1/8″ Bermuda Bay Ribbon and a little bow was tied. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with the Rose Garden Thinlit. I distressed the edges and popped it up with dimensionals. The last little touch was the starfish from Seaside Shore.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS – SEASIDE SHORE
- Stamp Sets: Seaside Shore, My Friends, Sprinkles of Life
- Paper: Serene Scenery DSP Stack, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
- Cool Tools: Tree Builder Punch, Rose Garden Thinlits
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, 1/8″ Bermuda Bay Stitched Ribbon
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, September 9th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 9 other challenges
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO!! Deadline to sign up and get the second month FREE is October 10th. Learn more HERE. Sign up HERE
- Ready to shop?I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE.
- Have you considered purchasing the Spectacular Stampin’ Up! Bundle? Purchase the Stampin’ Up! $99 Kit through me and get an additional $26 in FREE product (and FREE shipping!). You instantly become a member of the Pretty Pals community where you will have access to exclusive paper crafting resources, private chat areas, friendships, prizes. Hobby stampers will love the guaranteed discount on ALL products!
- Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,
Stampin’ Up! Supply List (click to purchase from my Online Store)