We are starting a brand new challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments today and I know that you will love this one! These colors are perfect for any Spring project. Once I pulled the colors out of my supplies to get some inspiration,, the new Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts stamp set just seemed perfect for these colors. The little bird reminded me of another new stamp set, Bird Banter, so I had to use the sentiments that really made me smile the first time I saw it.
My Secrets to Making This Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts Project
- I decided to tone the colors down a bit with Crumb Cake cardstock and I also “aged” the layers of paper with the same ink color. It gave it a little “French Country” look that the focal image resembles. To get this look, the easiest way is to take a sponge and just brush it up against the edges until you are happy with the results. You can also distress the edges with a distressing tool to add even more “age” to the layers.
- Did you notice the stenciling? What a fun and very quick little detail for your background! This stencil is included in the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and all I had to do was sponge a little color onto the paper. Don’t forget to tape it down with a little low tack tape or a post-it note to keep it from moving while you are rubbing the paper.
- The only other tip I have is to mention that the Lemon Lime cardstock was really necessary to anchor that focal point to the card so that I could add the sentiment to the bottom. Although I cannot provide a reason that it only worked with the Lemon Lime Twist, I just know that I wasn’t happy until I added it. Is it because I just love layers or is there a design “law” that was being broken till I added it, we may never know!! 😉
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts, Bird Banter
- Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Memento Black, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Lots to Love Box Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Blender Pens, Sponges, Stampin’ Markers: Soft Sky, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Tutti-Frutti Cards & Envelopes; non-SU: Impression Plates by Papertrey Ink
- Finishing Touch: Delicate White Doilies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Linen Thread
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products