Are you ready for a new challenge at Make My Monday? We are and I really love this one – “Anything with Wings.” Did you know that I absolutely LOVE birds?? OK, you might be saying that I love ALL animals and you would be correct! But, I really do love birds very much and can’t resist any stamp set that has one. Better With You came out in the 2018 Annual Catalog and is slated to retire already. I just don’t understand that urgency! I hadn’t even inked it up yet! (There’s a difference between owning them and using them apparently!) Anyway, I wanted to use it for this challenge and am so glad I did. It’s only available till the end of May if you fall in love with it today. 😉
My Secrets to Making This Better With You Project
- This A6 card started by going through my designer paper stash to choose the absolutely perfect background paper. I found it in the Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper that was a promotion back in March (I think). I will be using more of it this year because it is just wonderful.
- Knowing what DSP I was going to use made it easy to color my cutie bird. I know that I am not the best at coloring but I do enjoy it and hope to get better at it with practice! I have included a video using this stamp set that shows how to color it with no lines. Watch it!
- Once done, I cropped it out in the Gina Marie Designs In & Out Cut Stud Dot Rectangle Dies. Then, it was backed with Soft Suede cardstock.
- The flower from the stamp set was stamped twice in Poppy Parade and, with my blender pen, pulled ink into the flower from the center and edges. Once complete, I fussy cut them out.
- The sentiment was stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White and cut into banners. The banner was curled slightly with a bone folder and dimensionals were used in the center to keep the dimension.
- For bling, I added Gold Faceted Gems to the flowers and a Floral Romance Seal with Gold Metallic Thread that was looped underneath.
Non-SU Tools: Gina Marie Designs In & Out Cut Stud Dot Rectangles Dies
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- The Library Challenge: All Creatures Great and Small
- Moving Along with the Times Challenge: Floral
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Spring Flowers
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!