Welcome to the fun new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge! I get to be the host of the “X is for Xtra Embellishments” theme! So fun! We all have lots of embellishments to use, I know! So, get them out and play along! I started my card with the the great new Honey Bee bundle. I <3 honey bees! (click for 20 Amazing Facts About Honey Bees) This card came together so easily due to the wonderful Golden Honey Specialty DSP that is free when you place an order for $50 or more! I really wanted to play with the gold foil and before I knew it, the whole card was gold! LOL I guess I really like gold! The only problem is photographing it without any glare! Sorry, but this card is really cute IRL.
My Secrets to Making This Honey Bee Project
- This 5 1/2″ square easel card was so much fun to make! I used Whisper White Thick cardstock so give it more strength when in the easel position. The cardstock base was cut: 11″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- The card front is 5 1/2″ square.
- First background layer:
- Gold Foil: 4 7/8″ square
- Golden Honey DSP: 4 3/4″ square
- Second background layer:
- Gold Foil: 4 1/8″ square
- Whisper White (cut with Wonky Square die): 3 15/16″ square
- For the elements on the top panel, I die cut the honey bees out of the foil DSP as well as the honeycomb die. Three of the honeycomb cutouts were popped up with mini dimensionals. The bee hive was stamped with the Delicata Gold Pigment Ink (I so love this ink!) and the flowers were heat embossed with gold embossing powder and cut with the coordinating dies.
- The sentiment from Honey Bee was also heat embossed with gold embossing powder and cut with a retired bitty banner.
- Top panel:
- Gold Foil: 4 7/8″ x 3″
- Whisper White: 4 3/4″ x 2 7/8″
- The sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays was heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
- Bottom panel:
- Gold Foil: 1 3/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Golden Honey DSP: 1 3/16″ x 4 3/4″
- The sentiment from Best Birds was heat embossed with gold embossing powder and cut with the Ornate Frames die. Two Gold Pearls were adhered to the sentiment.
Product Spotlight: Honey Bee Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Festive Friday Challenge: Girl Scout Week (Gold, Birthday, Friendship sentiment)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks Challenge: All Occasions
- The House that Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: