We are starting a great new challenge for you at Sisterhood of Crafters! Darlene is our host and has chosen “Spring” for her theme. I had a little bit of trouble with this theme because it can be interpreted so widely. In the end, I chose the Beautiful Friendship stamp set that I had just received recently and paired it with the oh-so-rare “Happy Spring” sentiment from Fable Friends.
My Secrets to Making This Beautiful Friendship Project
- This A6 card started with Soft Sea Foam – the perfect green for Spring! – as the card base. Then, I cut the Soft Sea Foam DSP from the Subtles 6×6 DSP, and dry embossed it with the new Parisian Flourish embossing folder. After that, I wanted to emphasize the beautiful embossing by lightly running the Delicata Silver ink. It was finally layered onto Basic Black cardstock.
- The beautiful floral stamps in this set are wonderful! I played with all of them but eventually settled on the large flowers. I stamped it first with So Saffron ink then sponge daubered it with Calypso Coral ink.
- The flower centers were stamped with black ink and the leaves were stamped with So Saffron. The small flowers were stamped the same way and fussy cut.
- The sentiment was stamped with black ink.
- Now, the short walk to my die cutting machine! I cut the focal flower with an oval die and the sentiment was cut with one from the Ornate Frames dies.
- The ribbons were wrapped and adhered to the background layer. The finishing touch was adding the sequins.
Product Spotlight: Beautiful Friendship
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Spring
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Spring
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Easter or Spring
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: