Alphabet Challenge has a fun new theme – “Old Folk” with my good friend Dawn as our host. I don’t have much in the way of stamps in this theme. However, I did buy the Senior Years stamp set because of the sentiments are great for many different occasions for my age group! 😀 This card was fun and easy to make!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6-ish card started with Rich Razzleberry cardstock cut at 6″ x 8 1/2″ and scored in half (4 1/4″ on 8 1/2″ side).
- The background paper started with 2 patterns from Artistry Blooms DSP, dry embossed with the new Dainty Diamond embossing folder, which then was very lightly sanded. Once that was done, I layered it onto Whisper White cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- I stamped the image in black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then, I just started coloring her with Stampin’ Blends markers (listed below). I think she turned out cute!
- Once I was satisfied, I cropped her out with a stitched rectangle die. Then, more DSP was cropped out to layer underneath.
- I went to my retired punches and brought out the mini balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack. I just love this little ballon, which was the perfect size for this image. Then, I simply punched out three balloons and curled them just a bit. Then, I taped the linen thread to the back and popped them up with mini dimensionals.
- The sentiment was stamped and cropped out with the stitched rectangle die and laid it down to a small strip of the DSP.
- My finishing touch came with adding just a few of the Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems.
This card is going to a good friend of mine! I decided to add the beautiful birthday cake from Cake Soiree, stamped directly onto the DSP and also stamped the “happy birthday” from Senior Years stamp set. It fit perfectly! Then, I cropped the cake out with the coordinating die. I found an oval piece of cardstock in my miscellaneous stash, so all I had to do was dry emboss it with the Ornate Floral embossing folder. Then, they were adhered onto the DSP. This will leave the entire right side for my message.
Senior Years Stamp Set
Make greeting cards to celebrate birthdays, retirement, and more with humorous sentiments and playful images from the Senior Years Stamp Set. This stamp set is also available in French.
* 9 cling stamps
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Tuesday Throwdown Challenge: Funny Sentiment
- Seize the Birthday Challenge: Birthday + Texture
- Little Red Wagon Challenge: Things Beginning with B (Birthday)
- Colour Crazy Challenge: Anything Goes Coloring Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CKWC7R4Q when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!