Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today – “Old Stamps” which was chosen by Sistah Ina. For my card, Asian Artistry was a Hostess stamp set back in Stampin’ Up’s 2009-2010 annual catalog. Of course, I was drawn immediately to the bird and the Asian images. I was more into scrapbooks in those days, so I probably purchased it to see if I could use it, but in those days I think I enjoyed the idea of stamping more than stamping itself. I just didn’t have the creativity for stamping yet. However, it didn’t take more than another year or so and I realized how much fun cardmaking was and am still here so many years later.
This theme is a great one because we all have stamps that we love but allow them to collect dust as we enjoy our new purchases, right? Therefore, we challenge you to go through your own collection and see which one still brings you joy. Then, ink it up and share!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of March 20th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card is 6-1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- After choosing the designer paper from Simply Marbleous pack, I stamped the plant using black ink and my poppy parade marker.
- Then, I stamped the bird onto white cardstock, colored it with the Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends marker and cropped it out with the stitched oval die.
- Then, I layered it onto the scalloped oval die (retired) and popped it up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with the Washi Tape punch (retired).
- Since I love the dragonfly image from the set, I decided to add it as well and colored it with just a touch of Seaside Spray Stampin’ Blends and the wings with Wink of Stella.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Use an Animal
- Everybody Art Challenge – B is for Bird
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge
- Polkadoodle’s Craft Challenge
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Black + White + 1 Color
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE