We have a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters – “April Showers Bring May Flowers” and is hosted by our Sistah Darlene. I chose the May Flowers part of that lovely expression because I don’t enjoy the rain LOL! Although it’s very necessary, I sure prefer the sun and results that showers bring us. So, for my card today, I came across the Jar of Flowers stamp set while reorganizing my craft room for the new catalog stuff last week and knew that it needed to get a little love. Luckily it survived the retirement cut so it’s still available if you’re interested.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of May 8th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I created the card base with a 12″ x 6″ piece of white cardstock, then scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut off the right side of the card front at the 3″ score line.
- Then, I cut a piece of the pretty Symbols of Fortune DSP to 5-1/2″ square and layered it onto Smoky Slate cardstock and adhered it to the inside of the card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After the card base was complete, I stamped both the tulip bouquet and jar stamps. Then, I began to color the flowers and leaves with Stampin’ Blends (all listed below except the new In Color Sweet Sorbet) till they were a nice bold color to make them pop off the background.
- Then, I fussy cut the flowers and punched out the jar with the coordinating punch.
- To make the background, I first cut out the Ornate Layers rectangle and then layered it with more of the designer paper.
- Before I popped the flowers and jar down with dimensionals, I wrapped the jar with Smoky Slate baker’s twine and tied a sweet little bow.
- Then, for the sentiment, I chose two from Peaceful Moments stamp set and inked them up with black ink. After that, I cropped them out with the Scalloped Contours die and popped it up with dimensionals, also.
- Finally, I added Classic Matte Dots to the tulips in black and and Smoky Slate to the sentiment.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends Challenge
- Daisy Chain Challenge
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Use Your Stuff Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE