Update! My card was chosen as an Artist Pick at Hand Stamped Sentiments!
I have a fast post for you today. My dad is 87 years old and has had some health issues lately, which has made him feel a little down in the dumps. I got into my craft room to make a quick card to send him. It’s so hard to be far away, but I hope my calls and this card let him know just how much we love him.
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is Mint Macaron cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. I tried using Pool Party to match the ink, however, since I had stamped the sentiment and water stamps twice, Mint Macaron actually matched it much better. Who knew!?! It’s just one more reason that I will miss it being a current color in the SU color line-up.
- I started stamping with the High Tide stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock, cut at 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. The lighthouse was stamped twice so that the second one could be popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from Colorful Seasons, a brand new stamp set in the upcoming annual catalog. Sahara Sand was used to sponge over the edges of the card front. After I was happy with the look, I layered it onto Watermelon Wonder cardstock and adhered the entire panel onto the card base.
- Inside: The nautical theme was carried over to the inside. I decided to use the sentiment from Beautiful You and cut it out with retired Handpicked framelit dies. The seagulls were an afterthought so I stamped them with Sahara Sand and VersaMark then heat embossed in Clear Embossing Powder. Next time, I will stamp them first and mask them.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: High Tide, Colorful Seasons, Beautiful You
- Paper: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink: Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Peekabo Peach, Sahara Sand, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Handpicked Framelits, Clear Emboss Powder
I just found Hand Stamped Sentiments and wanted to play along with their color challenge. I would also like to submit it to SUO Challenges who are having a Mainly Masculine challenge. Please go check out these great challenge blogs and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!