Happy New Year, Sistahs!! I thought I would be back last week but I have been enjoying my new products so much that I just couldn’t take the time to blog them! LOL The new catalog started last week, so I had to order one of just about everything! Can you imagine what my craft room looks like right now?? In the end, this card used some new products and some old favorites, too. I love it when that happens! The first challenge of the year over at the Sisterhood of Crafters was kinda difficult for me. With only the word “Frames” as our prompt, I wasn’t quite sure how to interpret it, but I had just bought these super cool die cuts so I just went for it! It almost became a wedding card – I have weddings on the brain right now – but decided to switch it up when I found out a friend is having surgery. The sentiment from Heartfelt Blooms (a gorgeous stamp set that even has a patent pending!) was the perfect choice with that elegant frame!
It’s All in the Details
- This card started a little backwards for me because I cut out the frame in Sahara Sand first, so I would see what the front would look like. Then, I went through my DSP stash and picked out Falling in Love for the lovely patterned background. Once that was cut, I trimmed the Blushing Bride layer.
- The Flourish Thinlits were used to make the pretty focal point, using Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride. I snipped the flowers and buds off of the Blushing Bride cardstock and glued them onto the Sahara Sand before adhering to the card base.
- Two flowers dies were cut in Blushing Bride, then one of them was trimmed down a bit before curled slightly with my bone folder. They were adhered to the card with mini dimensionals.
- The sentiment was inked in Sahara Sand, then cropped with the small frame die. Then, the “ribbon” die cut from the Flourish Thinlits was cut in Blushing Bride (I just left the pieces in it), adhered it to the card base, then popping the sentiment with dimensionals.
- Finishing Touch: I added pearls to the flowers, the vine, and the “ribbon.”
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Heartfelt Blooms
- Paper: Falling in Love DSP, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride
- Ink: Sahara Sand
- Tools: Flourish Thinlits, Gina Marie Designs Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch: Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Just Us Girls #422: Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff #294: Something New (the frame die cuts and the sentiment are both new)
- Shopping Our Stash #336: Out with the Old & In with the New: New die cuts with older ones and retired designer paper
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products