We had so much fun looking at the creations you made for Hand Stamped Sentiments in the last challenge! Wonderful nautical designs!! Our next challenge is a sketch and we can’t wait to see what you do with it. I decided to break out the brand new Rooted in Nature bundle because I needed to make a Father’s Day card for my father, who lives in Atlanta. This is a must-have bundle! We all have someone who will appreciate the gorgeous trees in this set – and is esecially great for all of the men you know!!
My Secrets to Making This Rooted in Nature Project
- I tried to balance the four, smaller tree elements in the sketch by adding the large tree on the left side. The smaller trees anchor the right side.
- When adding a third color (Crumb Cake for this card), it’s important to use it at least twice, which also adds more balance and symmetry to the card front.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Rooted in Nature, Delightful Dozen
- Paper: Nature’s Poem DSP, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Tranquil Tide
- SU Tools: Nature’s Roots Framelits, Subtle Dynamic TIEF, Project Life Cards & Labels
- Finishing Touch: True Gentleman Buttons, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- HeARTful Stamping Challenge: Anything Goes + Stamp
- Kitty Bee Designs: Masculine Cards
- Daisy Chain Challenge: For Boys/Men
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products