We hope you enjoyed our sketch challenge that just ended at Hand Stamped Sentiments! There was lots of great creativity in the gallery. Now, we have a color challenge for you, using Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Smoky Slate (or equivalent shades). I really wanted to use one of my brand new stamp sets and Accented Blooms just begged the loudest! LOL This image was fun to color with my Stampin’ Blends while watching some TV and the card was done before the show was over! Love it when that happens!!
My Secrets to Making This Accented Blooms Project
- This card started by stamping the image in Memento Black so I could color with my Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. Starting with Daffodil Delight, all of the flowers were given one layer of color with the light marker. Then, using the darker marker, I just outlined and randomly added a darker shade to each flower. After the flowers were done, I did the same to the leaves with the Pool Party markers. I am no expert with alcohol markers, but they are so easy to use that you don’t have to be!
- The floral panel was trimmed down to 3 3/8″ square and Pool Party cardstock was trimmed down to 3 1/2″ square. Because the card base is the A2 (4 1/4″ by 5 1/2″), the panel was looking a little plain and needed a little some jazzing up. So, I brought out my new Detailed Trip punch and rounded the two bottom corners and added the little leaf cut-out to the right upper corner. Isn’t it the perfect little touch?! I love it!!
- The Daffodil Delight layer needed some detail as well so the search was on for a pattern that enhanced the focal point. I decided that the Lovely Floral added just the right interest for the lower right corner to counterbalance the upper left corner where I wanted to add a bow. Playing with the folder, I ran it through the Big Shot at a diagonal so I could get the image just how I wanted it.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Accented Blooms
- Paper: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Smoky Slate
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Lovely Floral TIEF, Detailed Trio Punch, Tailored Tag Punch, Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
- Finishing Touch: Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Basic Rhinestones, Metallic Doilies, Best Year Ever Ribbon (retired)
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products