The Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge using this Mood Board. What do you see in this photo that makes you want to make a card?? I chose the colors and the words “Give Thanks” to make a Thanksgiving card for my family. This card is using the Country Home stamp set, which is wonderful for Thanksgiving, and pairing it with a die that I had purchased a year ago and never used. Isn’t it beautiful??
My Secrets to Making This Country Home Project
- Isn’t the background cool? I absolutely love the Bright Copper Shimmer Paint!! I applied the paint with a dauber to the Very Vanilla cardstock after running it through the Big Shot in the Quilt Top embossing folder. I’m no expert with it yet, but I can guarantee you that there’s “no experience needed” to have fun with this shimmer paint! The photo can’t show the lovely bling the paint has added, but it’s very festive IRL.
- The flowers and vase stamp was stamped in Cajun Craze, then I used a blender pen to gently pull the ink from the outlines to add a hint of color to the image.
- The 1/4″ copper trim was tied into a bow and only the loops were pulled apart to add a little more fullness.
Stampin’ Up! Product List
Non-SU: Gina Marie Designs Give Thanks Die
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: Giving Thanks
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Thanks/Thanksgiving
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 4ZWBWAHA when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!