Happy Monday! It’s time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday and this theme is great – Winter Birthday, and is hosted by Sue. I must admit that I never made a winter birthday card before – probably because no one in my family has a birthday in winter! I decided to make one that would be appropriate for a guy or gal at any age. This cute snowman from Spirited Snowmen stamp set needed some inky love! He looked like he was celebrating something super great, so that is how this card got started.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This card measures 5″ x 7″ (A7). I’m really enjoying A6 and A7 cards, so if you try CASEing this, just shrink it a bit.
- First, inking up the snowman and coloring him with Stampin’ Blends (colors below). Once that was done, I cropped him out with the Detailed Baubles Framelits. The Framelit was used to cut out Pool Party cardstock to adhere the white layer onto.
- The sentiment from Broadway Birthday is inked up in Pool Party, then the second sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy. Then it was trimmed down to 1 1/2″ and made into a banner with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Vellum was colored with Stampin’ Blends, then cropped with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- Pool Party ribbon was adhered to the Twinkle Twinkle DSP, then the layers were adhered to the Pool Party card base.
- Everything is basically popped up with dimensionals (I love dimension!) with the sentiment placed on top of a length of Smoky Slate ribbon, laid down on a diagonal.
- A Snowflake Trinket was placed on the sentiment and a piece of Silver thread was tied to the balloon and left to dangle after I couldn’t figure out how to make it look like the snowman was holding them. Maybe he just let them go!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Snowman
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Winter Birthday
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge: Snowy Days/Nights
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9YHTV3CC when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!