It’s Tuesday and that means a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. The challenge is a really fun sketch and I just know you all will love this one. The design team always creates gorgeous projects so you are sure to find one to inspire you! I really love how my card ended up, using the Needle & Thread stamp set and coordinating Needlepoint Nook designer paper. The butterfly is from the Sale-A-Bration Botanical Butterfly DSP that I colored with Stampin’ Blends, watercolor pencils and Clear Wink of Stella. Then, I cropped it out and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. It’s beautiful IRL and I have a close-up photo further down in my post.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Isn’t this suite wonderful?! I love the designer paper and the stamp set is photopolymer and some of the images are part of their “Distinktive” collection. Here is a video regarding this suite that you really need to watch!
- The butterfly is part of the Botanical Butterfly designer paper and I love that one side is black and white and the other is colored. I have dedicated one of the butterfly papers to coloring and cropping, which is what I did here. After it was colored with Stampin’ Blends, watercolor pencils and clear Wink of Stella, I cropped it and heat embossed it. It’s truly the focal point that it was meant to be!
- The upper sentiment was stamped and cropped out using a die that was gifted to me by my wonderful sister and upline, Katy McGloin. I cropped it in Whisper White as well as Fresh Fig and layered them both together with Tombow glue applied with a sponge.
- I wanted the butterfly to sit on something so I found copper foil that had been cut with the Starburst Punch that hadn’t been used. Using the Layering Leaves embossing folder, I ran it through my Big Shot for instant texture. Love it!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Animal Friends Challenge: Butterflies
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CMV3TCCW when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!